Manchester by the Sea : Somebody gouge out my eyes. This film ….

Somebody gouge out my eyes. This film ….

Is so, so, so terrible and shouldn't be nominated for anything... 3 specially best film and actor..... if you love this movie... then you lead a terribly unhappy existence.

Re: Somebody gouge out my eyes. This film ….

if you love this movie... then you lead a terribly unhappy existence.

I think it's more people who have lead sheltered lives and see this as an "authentic" look into the lives of people who've had terrible things happen to them. I know someone who had his whole family die in a house fire while he was at a concert one night and I was never in a hurry to talk to him about it or watch a movie about it in part because I've had my own share of sh!tty things happen to me and I have my own problems.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

If you hate this movie then you didn't relate to the characters or their situation in life. I can do both and thought it was amazing.

It may not be for everyone, but people who may find themselves in Lee's shoes (or anyone else in the movie) will appreciate it.

If you hate this movie then you didn't relate to the characters or their situation in life.

Not really. We've all seen plenty of actually great films with characters we couldn't ever hope to relate to in any way. I for one hate this film because it's a sh!t film that relies on a lazy hipster/millennial ethos to carry its message while ignoring time tested film story elements and structure.

Are you the guy from Good Will Hunting in the bar scene? I read your I for one . . . sentence but you lost me.

I read your I for one . . . sentence but you lost me.

What's wrong, little fella? Hadn't had your hot pocket today? Low on energy?

And what, pray tell, is the film's message in your opinion?

And what, pray tell, is the film's message in your opinion?

No idea. I only watched 90 minutes. That was all I could take.

I thought so. I knew you were full of it when you mentioned the film's message upthread. This movie flew right over your head, and it didn't have to aim too high.

This movie flew right over your head, and it didn't have to aim too high.

O H SNAP !

You mean I missed a bunch of crying and runny noses?

agreed

Somebody else who hasn't seen it. You really shouldn't make it so obvious. Twat.