La La Land : Ryan Gosling played all the piano parts?

Ryan Gosling played all the piano parts?

Is this true? I read he played the piano parts but does that include the crazy virtuoso parts as well? Is Ryan Gosling that good?

Re: Ryan Gosling played all the piano parts?

Yes! :D

Yup, intensive training for 3 months...

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38593897

gosling has a band himself and he knew how to play piano before la la land

This was the first thing I looked up when I got home from the movie today! Ryan did a great job, not that I'm familiar with jazz. But I had also read that Ryan's singing was so-so, I don't agree, he has a good voice. And he and Emma had good chemistry and dancing scenes.

Great chemistry

I agree that his voice was so so, but mainly because Emma's voice was so good she stole the singing scenes. But Ryan Gosling has such a great charisma and the chemistry with her was just amazing. I'm even more astounded with his piano skills. At time it felt I was seiing Michel Camilo's virtuoso hands going crazy.

No, Gosling played just a few parts, when he's at the apartment or testing if the piano is properly tuned.

All the more complicated parts are played by Randy Kerber.

H

You don't actually hear Ryan Gosling. They just didn't use a hand double. There is no possible way anyone could ever reach that advanced of a level in just 3 months.

He's playing, but you're not actually hearing him. He learned to play those pieces over a 3 month period so that he could convincingly mimic it so as to avoid the use of a hand double, but the music was pre-recorded before anything was shot.

So you're seeing him play, but hearing someone else.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.