The Girl on the Train : Very disappointed.

Very disappointed.

If I hadn't read the book, I wouldn't have had a clue what the hell was going on half the time. Were we supposed to second guess Rachel had blackouts and forgot stuff? And that she was riding the train all day and not going to work? And that her ex husband was telling her she had done stuff she hadn't etc etc??? Very little information on anything, plot-holes galore, average acting, (even Phoebe from friends wasn't great) hardly any appearance of her flatmate, even though she featured fairly often in the book, and no hint or clue why Megan was finishing her job. We were meant to guess she was shagging her boss. (The father of the baby she was looking after.)

Whoever adapted this book for a screenplay needs shooting; it was done very badly. And Emily Blunt has the most ridiculous face, with the same look on it ALL the way through the movie!

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/the-girl-on-the-train-trailer.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1

Piss poor. 4 out of 10. 2 stars!

Re: Very disappointed.

I've not read the book but understood it perfectly. Not a good film though. 5/10.

I loved the movie because I had read the book, but I completely understand your opinion. I was thinking the same thing. It was just all over the place, especially in the beginning.

I haven't read the book yet I understood the film perfectly. I also enjoyed it but not as much as I expected to. I think Emily Blunt gave a great performance but think the direction (ie from the directo) could have been tighter.

The ending is easy to guess, it's just kind of stupid how they got there. It's some of the laziest writing I've seen in quite some time. Showing us one thing, then having it turn out not to have happened because she's a drunk and just sees things that aren't real is as poor as it gets. They could literally show us anything then have it turn out not to be true, and we just have to accept it. Whether or not it happens in real life is irrelevant to the lazy way this movie used it as a plot device. The whole thing was like a lifetime original movie and was cheesy as hell (but not in a fun way)