Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them : who knew the lestranges had black relatives

who knew the lestranges had black relatives

That is Zoe kravitz as newts first love...and he loved a lestrange ...crazy

Re: who knew the lestranges had black relatives

In the films, the only Lestrange we see is Bellatrix I believe and technically she is a Lestrange through marriage so she isn't related by blood or genes to Lita. Bellatrix ' maiden name is Black so she is from that bloodline.

Bellatrix ' maiden name is Black so she is from that bloodline.

Yes, I think she is Sirius Black's cousin.

Yup you are correct. It just seems weird lol...I was pleasantly surprised to see a black lestrange though.

I am not surprised at all. They are pure bloods, as in "all wizards" but there are not that many wizards to begin with so it stands to reason that if you want to keep your blood pure and at the same time are not fan of genetic disorders you will marry wizards from all around the world. Logicly speaking there should be no racially pure wizards at all because they marry within their own (relativly small) magical community.

I wonder how that magic blood thing is possible to be transferred to all the globe's peoples, though. And it is funny that the purists marry only wizards, even if they are black/asian/white/etc. So in a way, they are not racist. Except with muggles.

Yes,even Queeine finds it odd. Says something like "I have heard of the family,aren't they kinda.." but Newt cuts her off.
Apparently Leta Lestrange is going to appear in the next movie. Interesting.

When she said that, I assumed she meant "evil" or something similar, not anything related to race.

It's not that crazy considering he's a weirdo himself. This girl could be Belatrix's mother in law or one of her husband's aunts....who knows

Prejudice in the wizarding world was by blood not by skin color. One of Draco's best friends was black.

She could be the daughter of a Lestrange father and a Zabini mother.
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Zabini_family