Zootopia : Did anyone notice this gender gap?

Did anyone notice this gender gap?

People that have seen the movie:

Males 113336
Females 31769

This was kind of crazy to me. Anyone know why females hate animal only films and have a prejudice towards rabbits???

Obviously I'm kidding, but still, was interesting to see.

I know it doesn't look like it, but that little bird is really a dove asking us for world peace

Re: Did anyone notice this gender gap?

Wait, how much were you kidding about: the females hating "animals-only" flicks and their prejudice towards rabbits or ALL of it? Because if you're serious about the numbers of people that have seen the movie I'd be interested in knowing where you got those numbers.

"Eat your vegetables." Smith ~ 'Shoot 'Em Up' (2007)

That isn't the amount of people that have seen the movie.

It's the amount of people per sex that have given the movie a rating on this site.

Oh, I see now. Could be any number of reasons for that, so my prime theory probably wouldn't apply in this case.
Thanks

I was kidding 100%, which is why I say I'm obviously kidding lol

but I got the numbers from IMDb and just found it interesting less than 1/3 of the raters were female.

I know it doesn't look like it, but that little bird is really a dove asking us for world peace

Could be it was more popular with males who were nostalgic for the Disney Afternoon from the 80's and 90's. Another possibility could be that since it wasn't one of Disney's usual musicals ('Frozen', 'Tangled', etc.) it wasn't as popular with females.

Ahhh. I wouldn't trust any statics that come from this site. As much as I like IMDB there are no full time moderators on here and people can create as many multiple profiles as they want to rate movies which is why there are so many trolls on some sections like superhero movie boards.

Fun Fact of the Day: Debbie loves cute animals and Beccy and her have 🐶🐇🐇🐖🐴🐠

> This was kind of crazy to me. Anyone know why females hate animal only films and have a prejudice towards rabbits???

Well, maybe nobody realized that this was just another Disney princess movie in disguise. Everyone thought it'd be a fun adventure movie about animals escaping or rescuing. The women stayed away and the men watched it.

--
What Would Jesus Do For A Klondike Bar (WWJDFAKB)?

Generally more males use the site (or at least give their ratings on films). It's the case with most films on the site.

The gender gap is the users who post on this site, not the viewers of the movie. Haven't you noticed that most of the people posting their opinions here are male?

For example:

Frozen
Males 226809
Females 115139

I was gonna post the same thing.
It would be more interesting if they showed some sort of comparison between the gender ratio of the site and the gender ratio of those who rated the movie.

There is no such thing as too much time 

I didn't realize the site collected information like that. It may not reflect gendered tastes in movies. There could be another explanation. How do these numbers compare to similar animated movies? Do all members give their gender when they sign up? I don't remember doing that, but it was a while ago. Do males tend to rate certain films more than females?

I noticed that they also collected data about age. Did I fill something like that in when I signed up? I just don't remember any of this.