Star Wars: The Force Awakens : If Luke was Rey (a.k.a. The ANH "Mary Sue" Rewrite)

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Re: If Luke was Rey (a.k.a. The ANH "Mary Sue" Rewrite)

Lol, Nice take!

Yeah, I do see problems with Rey. She is just too powerful, smart, strong.

It's like watching an action movie with Austin Martin. The guy is so big, nothing seems like a threat to him, so no struggle.

I liked Kylo Ren.. He's being in conflict and all and not full grown villian yet.

But Rey was just too much on everything. At the end of the movie She finds Luke who completes her training, so then she is so powerful she kills off the rest of the First Order singlehandedly with her staff only, no sabre required ;)

bump for great justice.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

lol this never gets old

Bump so the world might be mended.

Agreed.

---
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing .

I can help with the bumps if you want.

Bump!

*Luke is an expert survivalist living on his own in Tatooine. He isn't subservient to Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. He loyally waits for a lost companion to return.

Its a good thing Luke isnt an expert XWing combatant and sharpshooter who was merely a farmer.

Luke steals R2-D2 from a Tusken Raider on a Bantha who has captured R2-D2. The Tusken just watches and rides away.

Well its a good thing Rey didnt steal BB8 from a Tusken Raider on a bantha, but rather a 3 ft tall Jawa-like dude on a slow moving goofy alien cow.

Luke can understand everything R2-D2 says. C-3PO is written out since he's not needed to translate.

Its a shame Luke was only a farmer.
If he were a scavenger and a trader who interracted and traded with several different species and droids he may have picked up their lingo.

R2-D2 follows Luke around obediently instead of running away and generally just thinks Luke's awesome.

thats 3POs job.

Luke meets Obi-Wan and tells him he's just a nobody and didn't even know the Force was real.

Could you imagine if Luke told Obi wan he didnt even know what the force was??
That would have been strange considering the the Jedi Knights protected the galaxy for hundreds of years.

Obi-Wan hands Luke his father's saber and then disappears from the movie. No training required.

I liked the part where Luke had no X-Wing combat training (aside from shootIng some redents on Tattoonr) and managed to outmaneuver dozens of tie fighters, evade fire from 20 towers , and made a one in a million shot with only five lines of force training from Ben.

Luke experiences a "vision" upon touching the saber for unexplained reasons. Magic lightsaber?

yeah thats ridiculous...its not as though its a magic cave that lets you experience visions on Dagobah.
(Bty, how is this a Mary Sue moment?)

Luke enters the Cantina and knocks down Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan with a stick when they threaten him.

Yeah, Luke shouldnt have been able to do that...he was just a farmer. Its not as though he was a scavenger living on his own who had to grow up learning how to defend himself.

Luke finds the Falcon with only Chewie inside as TIE Fighters start bombing the area. He jumps in and flies it with some wild maneuvers through Beggar's Canyon while Chewie works the gun port. They destroy the TIEs and return to get Han.

And Luke didnt even bounce the the falcon off the ground or almost crash either!!

Chewie is injured while running from Stormtroopers to get to the Falcon and Luke takes over as co-pilot.

I thought Luke took over as the expert gunner on the falcon's cannons when they escaped the dethstar?
No, i must be mistaken...that would have been ridiculous.

Luke fixes the Falcon's malfunctions by himself before Han can figure out what to do.

Yeah Han clearly knew that Plutt put a device on the falcon that effected the hyperdrive...after all, Han was on the falcon longer than Luke.

Han is so impressed with Luke that by the time they get to the remains of Alderaan, he offers Luke a permanent job.

could have been worse though...Han could have offered luke a job on the Falcon because he was "good in a fight" despite being pushed around by two drunk aliens in Mos Eisley.

They sneak into the back door of the Death Star unnoticed and somehow instantly find Leia's cell.

Yeah its not as though they had a former stormtrooper who knew the layout.
Btw i thought this was about Luke/ray Mary Sue moments?

Btw, in case it went over some peoples heads, that was sarcasm that doesnt take away from the greatness if ANH.
I find it funny that thi thread was about Luke/Rey mary sue moments and the poster took it upon himself to toss in elements that had nothing to do with Luke or Rey.
Loved the Tusken Raider comparison, even though Rey did not take BB8 from a tusken raider. Lol

Luke uses the Jedi Mind Trick on the guards at Leia's cell to get inside. (First time the Jedi Mind Trick appears in the movie.)

Yeah it would have been better if Luke pulled his lightsaber out of the snow after being attacked by a Wampa, even though no one was around to tell him he could move things with the force.
(first time the force is shown moving objects ever in a Star Wars film)

Leia says Luke is amazing, thanks him and won't stop talking about wanting to run away with him and devote herself to helping him. Luke is not interested and says he just wants to be friends.

Im sorry, we were discussing Mary Sue moments With Luke, not Leia, ight?

Han somehow instantly finds the head Stormtrooper Commander and says he'll kill him if he doesn't shut down the tractor beam. The Stormtrooper Commander complies and they throw him in the trash compactor

I thought this was Mary Sue stuff with Luke and Rey?

Darth Vader finds the heroes. Luke watches as Han Solo confronts Darth Vader and is killed.

Yeah that was awful..could you imagne how much worse it would have been if Luke was standing closer, with a blaster, and watched Obi wan confront Vader...and watched Vader Kill Obi Wan!?

Luke attacks Darth Vader and holds his own. He drops his saber but he is able to Force grab it before Vader can. (First time Force grab is seen in the movie.)

It would have been far more believable if Luke outmaneuvered Vaders targeting during the trench run instead..vader only has 40 years force experience over Luke anyways...its not as though Vader has as much experience as Kylo Ren.

Vader offers to train Luke. Luke lands several blows on Vader and cuts off his hand while remaining unscathed and Vader collapses in a heap.

yeah its not as though Vader had just been injured by a blow from a Bowcaster. Lol

But there is an explosion that ruptures the platform between them and Luke must join Leia, Chewie and R2 back on the Falcon.

Yeah rupturing platforms never happene when a planet is colllapsing.

Meanwhile, Wedge leads a small squad to do a bombing run on the Death Star. He easily hits the target without facing much resistance or even thinking about it much and the Death Star blows up.

Its a good thing this isnt a Luke/Rey Mary Sue moment. Whew!
Its probably just an error on your part. Im sure you wouldnt try to bloat up your argument with issues that have nothing to do with Mary Sue moments.

Luke officially joins the Rebellion at the end of the movie and is instantly selected to pilot a ship on a vital mission they've been waiting years to do. Their best pilot who just blew up the Death Star, Wedge, is passed over.

Yeah Wedge was far more qualified!
After all the lightsaber called to Wedge, not Luke.
its not as though luke would have even been qualified to even lead an attack against a deathstar anyways....he was just a farmer.

Why don't you try replying to the response I posted to what you wrote here the first time you posted it instead of spamming the thread with this discredited rehash? I know TFA fans love rehashes but enough is enough.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/board/nest/252049846?p=6&d=252563790#252563790

Colonel Miles Quaritch is like some sort of...non...giving-up...army guy!

This movie is just grossly inferior to 1977, 1980 and 1983.

Those who defend it sure look like turkeys.

As time goes on, more and more people are going to notice the gaping holes in "The Force Awakens".

---

"and more people are going to notice the gaping holes in "The Force Awakens".

And also realize the OT had them too.

Nope. The OT did not.

Bump

Luke flies T-16s and it's established he's not such a bad pilot. Plus he inherited some piloting skill from his father, the best star pilot in the galaxy.

Rey uses a quarterstaff and its established she pretty good at combat. Plus, her time spent living on her own justifies her combat skills.

Can Jawas not defend their own droids? Of course they can, with guns. If you're on a giant animal, you can direct the animal to chase a human being.

1- first if all, thanks for admitting you lied about Rey going up against a Tusken Raider.
2- she didnt go up against a Jawa. She want up against a jawa-like creature that was the same size.
3- the creature did not have a gun. He had a staff.
4- even if it was a Jawa gun, Jawa guns are used to incapacitate droids and machinery.

Luke interacted with droids ALL THE TIME on his farm, yet couldn't talk to them. That kind of silly crap only happens in nonsense, kiddie sci-fi.

Really?
Describe all the droids that were on Lukes farm before he got R2 ans 3po.
It seems to me the only droid they had was a treadwell droid and im not even sure that made it to the final cut of the film.

established that Rey, like Luke, said she didn't know about the Force. That begs the question of how she learns the Force powers out of nowhere, unlike Luke, who trained.

Rey never said she didnt know about the force.
As a matter of fact she clearly made it known that she knew about Jedi knoghts and seemed to be a fan of Luke's.
Seeing that she knows about jedi its only common sense that she would know about the jedi mind trick.
Luke, on the other hand, is the one who was clueless about the force when Obi Wan mentioned it.
He had to explain it to him and had to explain who the jedi knights were.

Luke was saved from being shot down by several other pilots including Han. He also wasn't picked to lead the Death Star assault.

Watch the film again, pal.
Vader targets all the other SUPERIOR pilots within 3 seconds, and takes them out with his first burst of shots.
It takes Vader about a minute to target luke the first time and when he fires he hits R2.
The second, and final time, he targets luke it also takes about a minute and then he fires and missed BEFORE Han Solo fires.
Luke takes his shot right after that.
So, Luke, who had about 5 minutes of training with 5 lines of advice from Obi Wan was able to outmaneuver a Sith lord who has 40 years of force experience over Luke, and was ALSO considered the "best Star pilot in the galaxy".

Other SUPORIOR pilots were and attempted firing into the exhaust port before him.

So, out of the 30 SUPERIOR pilots Luke was one of the 3 that survived and he was the one that destroyed the deathstar.
Mary Sue anyone?
Thanks for making that so easy.

If objects magically call to you that have no effect on anyone else, you might be a Mary Sue

Well, I guess Lukes a Mary Sue since that cave on Dagobah called to him.
Btw, wheres this particular rule in the Mary Sue handbook?

Did the aliens Rey knocked down not also have to scavenge and defend themselves their whole lives? Why is she powerful enough to take out two of them with a stick?

Who said they were scanvengers?
Who said they had to defend themselves their whole lives?
Was it mentioned in the film that those two guys were scavengers who grew up with no parents or guardians to protect them?

Almost" crashing doesn't count.

According to who? You? Lol

If you almost crash a ship and then are sent to pilot it later that day on the most important mission in years for the Resistance even when they have experienced pilots like Poe, you might be a Mary Sue.

If you're bouncing a ship all over the place its a clear sign youre having issues controlling it.
If you saw someone driving down the street hitting street signs and knocking over garbage cans are you going to call them a Mary Sue?
As for the mission, the rebellion had no trouble sending a farmer on the most important mission in ANH.

Han gave Luke a lot of hell until he actually got to know him and see he could fight. Characters are supposed to become friendly as the movie wraps up, not instantly at the beginning when they first meet.

"Instantly"?
seems to me Han wasnt very fond of either of them when he found them on the Falcon and threatened to dump them off somewhere.

"Layout" didn't help them find Phasma or especially Rey. It was sheer magic that they ended up in the same location on a space station 10 times the size of the DS

Maybe you should pay attention to the movie, hammer-head.
Starkiller wasnt a space station. It was a planet with the weapon built into it.
The entire planet was not a base. The control center was a building on the planet and the control center was much smaller than the deathstar. Finn knew the loaction of the building.

Were you too stupid to notice there was snow, trees, mountains, cliffs and an atmosphere?
Did that not tip you off that it was a planet and not a space station?
I thought you haters were supposed to be so smart?

uke had 3 years to study the Force before he pulled out the saber. And we don't know what Obi-Wan's spirit told him during that time. It's implied Luke pushed the torpedoes into the DS with the Force, so that is moving objects.

Thats right, we dontt know what Ben taught him or if ben even spoke to him until the Wampa incident. As such, you cannot use that as justfication because its just conjecture.
What we do know is that ben appeared after the wampa incident and then told Luke to get training from Yoda.
Why would ben train Luke as a ghost for 3 years and then send him to Yoda?
It Ben was training him as a ghost why didnt he just finish the training himself?

As for Luke using the force to push the torpedos into the deathstar, thats just a fan theory...but if you insist on using that theory then it makes Luke even more of a Mary Sue at the end of ANH.

You clearly don't understand what a Mary Sue is. When every other character loves you instantly, you're a Mary Sue

And you clearly have ADD Since you cant even understand the movie.
Rey didnt fight a tusken Raider, Starkiller base was a planet with a weapon not a space station, bouncing a ship all over the place is not a sign of perfection, Luke didnt have a fleet of droids on his farm, Luke was the only one clueless about the force, etc...at least now we know who the true star wars fans are.

As for Mary Sue, i know exactly what it is...its a meaningless trope invented by some trekkie nobody some 40 years ago that was unearhted about a month ago and adopted by desperate idiotic haters who didnt even know what it was until flop writer, Max Landis, brought it up.

I called Rey a Mary Sue online the morning after TFA debuted before I ever heard of anyone else including Max Landis calling her that. I don't know when he first tweeted it but I don't even think it was this early. The "Mary Sue" accusation has nothing to do with Max Landis. Tons of people came to that conclusion independently. So you're talking to one guy who knew Rey was a Mary Sue possibly even before Max Landis did. My personal proof is here:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/4893022-post362.html

You misspelled the word "superior" in my quote, not me. I wrote it correctly the first time. So don't imply I misspelled it.

I already told you, Jakku looks like a pretty peaceful place. If it was a violent place, she would've been murdered in her sleep. So there's no indication she had to fight before this. You can make that up if you want but it's never even mentioned in the movie. It must be peaceful, because the little alien she steals BB-8 from didn't even try to fight her over it. Tusken Raiders don't have guns either, but they will still attack you. Just because that alien was small doesn't mean he can't attack. Remember all those Ewoks killing Stormtroopers? In contrast to Jakku, Tatooine is established as a very dangerous place, full of violent Tusken Raiders in the Jundland wastes who Luke says his uncle has to fend off with a blaster and intergalactic thugs at Mos Eisley. Jakku looks like a Disney princess fantasy desert paradise compared to Tatooine.

Lots of droids are seen around the Lars homestead. I think including some when Beru calls to Luke and when Luke goes out looking for R2. Owen refers to 3PO and R2 as "new droids" implying they have old ones. Even one droid is more than we ever know Rey was with before BB-8. It's time for you to stop going after Luke and find some way to defend Rey.

Rey didn't even know the Jedi or Luke were real. Han had to tell her the "legends" were true. So for you to assume she knew that much about mere legends to know about the Jedi mind trick specifically and remember it later is just that, you assuming. You can defend Rey all day long by making stuff up that wasn't in the movie, but that doesn't defend the movie. YOU CANNOT USE THAT AS JUSTIFICATION BECAUSE IT'S JUST CONJECTURE! Then there's the small issue that KNOWING ABOUT IT is not enough to USE IT! If that was the case, C-3PO should've been using it on the Death Star to get away from Stormtroopers since he saw Obi-Wan do it.

And hitting R2-D2 is not a successful shot by Vader? I never saw anyone hit BB-8 in TFA. That would've added some much-needed drama, threat and tension to the movie if so. Even WALL-E and Short Circuit 1 and 2 knew enough to have their robots damaged up to make the movie more interesting. But we can't have Mary Rey Sue's favorite droid get hurt, now can we?

Already told you that you can't minimize Luke's training to what was shown in actual seconds on the screen. We see that scene start with Luke already being trained so the training is shown to have been going on offscreen. Obi-Wan could've spoken to Luke in the 3 years before ESB, but obviously he needed Yoda to give Luke more hands-on training and deal with more complex environments like the cave. Not to mention, Yoda was much older and wiser than Obi-Wan and had more experience as a trainer.

Luke was already the best bush pilot in his territory, so of course he was qualified to go on the Death Star mission and had enough skill to dodge some enemy targeting. Biggs was there to vouch for him. But he couldn't do it alone and had pilots like Wedge and Han save his bacon. Again you introduce a nonsensical standard for a Mary Sue. You want to say if you're even good at ONE THING then you're a Mary Sue. That's not even close to an acceptable definition of the term.

Rey had nothing of the kind to back up her being qualified to go pilot the Falcon into uncharted space to find Luke. If she is as bad a pilot as you say, why in the world would the Resistance pick her to pilot the Falcon on this mission? Either you're wrong, the Resistance is wrong or Rey just MIGHT be a Mary Sue.

Again, Luke only did better than the other pilots at destroying the Death Star and only was able to push the torpedoes in because Obi-Wan taught him the Force and convinced him at the last minute to use it. Getting help from other people who are better at things than you IS THE VERY ESSENCE OF NOT being a Mary Sue.

I don't remember it being said that the cave "called" to him. But he was the only one on Dagobah, so how do you know it wouldn't have called to anybody else who was there too? It's implied that it's a place of evil that would surely have terrible effects on anyone who went into it. Luke failed there DESPITE his Force training. Yet anyone can touch Anakin's lightsaber and have nothing happen to them, except for Rey for some reason.

Keep in mind, characters often become Mary Sues because the writers are terrible at plotting. It's much harder to write a plot that flows logically without random coincidences happening. And it's much harder to write a challenging event that someone just barely figures out how to survive as opposed to someone marching through conflicts easily.

Rey pretty much only has to open her mouth to say one thing and do one good thing on the ship before Han goes all sweet on her. Do you remember him arguing with Luke and insulting Luke in the cantina, the Falcon, Death Star control room, detention block, trash compactor, etc.? Why is Mary Sue so special that he loves her so much faster? Was he just horny after being apart from Leia so long?

Seriously, man, did you ever even try to find your girlfriend at a shopping mall once you get separated? It would take you hours to find her. Yet they find Phasma and Rey instantly. So is this space station even smaller than a shopping mall? Who knew that screenwriting was this easy that things don't even have to make logical sense and you can just build a story around random coincidences? Small-minded, sycophantic sheeple will apparently then trash some of the all-time greatest classic films of all time to defend themselves for lapping up this hacked-out, low-risk, corporate tripe.

Colonel Miles Quaritch is like some sort of...non...giving-up...army guy!

called Rey a Mary Sue online the morning after TFA debuted before I ever heard of anyone else including Max Landis calling her that. I don't know when he first tweeted it but I don't even think it was this early. The "Mary Sue" accusation has nothing to do with Max Landis. Tons of people came to that conclusion independently. So you're talking to one guy who knew Rey was a Mary Sue possibly even before Max Landis did. My personal proof is here:

Thats nice, pal.
If you look at my post i was talking about haters in general, not specifically you.

You misspelled the word "superior" in my quote, not me. I wrote it correctly the first time. So don't imply I misspelled it.

What the hell are you talking about?
I didnt imply you misspelled it, idiot.
"Superior" was the key word in my response, thats why its in caps.
- the other pilots were "SUPERIOR" to luke and yet Luke still managed to outlast them during the run, thus making Luke look like even more of a Mary Sue.
Understand?

I already told you, Jakku looks like a pretty peaceful place.

As proven by the thugs that attacked Rey, and the fact that she carries a staff, right? Lol

If it was a violent place, she would've been murdered in her sleep
It must be peaceful, because the little alien she steals BB-8 from didn't even try to fight her over it.

And yet you compared that same little peaceful alien to a violent tusken raider in your OP. Lol
I Love the way you switch your argument to suit your needs.
Btw, Was Luke murdered in his sleep?

It must be peaceful, because the little alien she steals BB-8 from didn't even try to fight her over it.

Or maybe its because she was twice his size....i supoose being the size of a human makes one a Mary Sue as well?Lol
Btw, why did you originally imply this peaceful alien was a tusken raider?

Tusken Raiders don't have guns either, but they will still attack you

So your previous argument about Jawas having guns blew up in your face so now youre simply resorting to "they will still attack you"?
Btw, didnt you just say the little alien was peaceful? Lol

Also Tuskan raiders are over 6 ft tall and powerful..they arent 3 ft imps who would be virtually no threat if they attacked.

Tatooine is established as a very dangerous place, full of violent Tusken Raiders

and yet you used the little alien to prove Jakku was peaceful...but in your OP you compared that little alien to a violent tusken raider in order to conflate your Mary Sue argument.
Your own hypocrissy is destroying your credibility and argument, pal.

Lots of droids are seen around the Lars homestead

The only droids seen on their homestead were the ones the jawas were trying to sell.
They werent owned by Luke or his aunt and uncle.
interracting with driods for five minutes during a sale is not an indicator that Luke couldnt learn a droid language.
The only other droid i seem to remember they owned was a treadwell droid.

didn't even know the Jedi or Luke were real

I never said she knew they were real.
I said she knew about them and seemed to be a fan of Lukes.
Luke had never even heard of the force or jedis.

Then there's the small issue that KNOWING ABOUT IT is not enough to USE IT!

Not if you paid attention to the film where Maz told Rey she would feel the force when she closed her eyes and it would guide her.

Luke only did better than the other pilots at destroying the Death Star and only was able to push the torpedoes

Who taught luke to push the Torpedos?
You keep bringing up this stupid fanfic excuse.

Getting help from other people who are better at things than you IS THE VERY ESSENCE OF NOT being a Mary Sue.

You mean like Maz telling rey how the force works and how she can use it? Lol

don't remember it being said that the cave "called" to him. But he was the only one on Dagobah, so how do you know it wouldn't have called to anybody else who was there too?

Luke sensed the tree and told yoda he felt cold, death and somethings not right with the cave.
Yoda told him he must go in.
It didnt tell yoda to go in.
I dint see what your issue is with the saber calling to her.
In ANH luke was the chosen one to destroy the deathstar.
In TPM, anakin was the chosen one to bring balance to the force...now all of a sudden its an issue that Rey was chosen? Wtf?

Luke failed there DESPITE his Force training.

Well i guess we'll have to wait for Reys second movie to see if she fails or not.

Rey pretty much only has to open her mouth to say one thing and do one good thing on the ship before Han goes all sweet on her. Do you remember him arguing with Luke and insulting Luke in the cantina, the Falcon, Death Star control room, detention block, trash compactor, etc.? Why is Mary Sue so special that he loves her so much faster? Was he just horny after being apart from Leia so long?

This was addressed in the last post.

Seriously, man, did you ever even try to find your girlfriend at a shopping mall once you get separated? It would take you hours to find her.

So now starkiller headquarters is the size of a mall?
what happened to being bigger than the deathstar?
Yeah i have lost people in a mall...and i managed to find them too

et they find Phasma and Rey instantly

They werent looking for phasma.

So far youve proven that

- you dont seem to know the details of ANH or ESb (yet apparently you guys are the true SW fans)
- you didnt pay attention to the new film.
- youve flip flopped your arguments, thus contradicting your previous arguments.
- youve used fan fic as an argument.

They didn't say Starkiller Base was the size of a shopping mall; they said that finding someone in something as small as a shopping mall is difficult, so it's an amazing coincidence that the protagonists were able to come across Phasma and Rey so fast. Pretty much every one of your points tries to follow this nitpicking train of thought, which is why their argument is stronger.

By the way, calling someone "pal" every other sentence doesn't enhance your credibility, believe it or not.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

They didn't say Starkiller Base was the size of a shopping mall; they said that finding someone in something as small as a shopping mall is difficult

Read the His previous post.
He first said it was bigger than the deathstar to conflate his argument.
When proven wrong he casually altered his argument to the size of a "shopping mall".
Finding someone in a structure bigger than a desthstar is not even in the same as a shopping mall.

This just more proof of the moronic goal-post pushing.

hey said that finding someone in something as small as a shopping mall is difficult, so it's an amazing coincidence that the protagonists were able to come across Phasma and Rey so fast

finding a person you were looking for in a shopping mall is a "coincidence", not an "amazing coincidence".
An amazing coincidence would be someone sending 2 droids with deathstar plans down to a planet to find Obi Wan kenobi, and in the process the droids get captured by Jawas and the jawas somehow deliver the droids right to Luke, who happens to be the brother of the person who sent the droids and the son of Darth Vader.....and Luke somehow selects those two specific droids.
Thats an amazing coincidence.

As for Phasma, Han and Finn werent looking for Phasma so its not a coincidence that they ran into her.

By the way, calling someone "pal" every other sentence doesn't enhance your credibility,

my argument enhances my credibility... "pal" is simply a twisting of the knife.

Speaking of credibility, no comment on the OP claiming Rey took BB8 from a violent tusken raider instead of a 3 ft tall Jawa-like alien?

Lol

Man. I don't understand how people can be so blatantly blind. It's like intentional ignorance. YES there are coincidences in the OT. But the SAME coincidences AND MORE are apparent in TFA. This is on top of the Mary Sue argument, on top of the embarassingly poor job they did with Finn and the direction of his character and on top of a plot that basically undermines the character arcs and the conclusion of the OT.

The person you're replying to is correct in saying the base is huge. He then simply states "even in something the size of a mall it's hard to find people". How is that a contradiction? EVEN IF it was, it doesn't invalidate any Mary Sue claims. Second, his point stands. The characters simply WALK into Phasma. And they just happen to see Rey. All inside a space station the size of a small PLANET. How is that not convenient? It's contrived. Like the whole damn plot. At least Luke finding the droids was setup through a convincing set of circumstances.

Flame on!

You scared? Seems like it.

---

Nice.

================================
A couple I know are getting married...
...the fools

If Luke was Rey:

Obi-Wan would still be alive.

Because he would have been able to fight Vader in the first movie and win.

Nice.

---

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

"If Luke was Rey:

Obi-Wan would still be alive. "

If Rey was a Mary Sue then Han Solo would still be alive.

So how it works.
Lol

Rey controls her own battles. She can't control Han Solo's decisions. Nor unfortunately, the writing of this film.

Brilliant.