Hacksaw Ridge : SOME UNNECESSARILY CHEESY, CRINGE-WORTHY SCENES

SOME UNNECESSARILY CHEESY, CRINGE-WORTHY SCENES

- The soldiers were ordered to attack but they (kind of) ignored the order cause they can't leave without letting Doss finish his prayer.
- Doss, while having his legs wounded, still insisted on getting his Bible back and, being moved by that, a comrade determinately ran back to the battlefield to get it for him.
- Doss slapped a grenade with his hand and artistically kicked another with his legs.

Re: SOME UNNECESSARILY CHEESY, CRINGE-WORTHY SCENES

All 3 incidents happened

All 3 incidents happened

And? The problem here ain't that it never happened, but that it was depicted poorly in the movie, to the point of almost being slapstick comedy.

--
A picture with a smile - and perhaps, a tear.

I'd be more bothered by the guy charging forward using a corpse as a shield and weilding a BAR with one hand taking out droves of enemies

^this lol

And what is wrong with that? It's entirely plausible, in fact there have been accounts of it happening before in battle.

The idea of using a corpse as some kind of shield is absurd.
The round used in the Japanese Arisaka rifles of WW2 can easily shoot through steel plate, so the only thing carrying a corpse in front of you would achieve is maybe providing some cushioning when you fall to the ground dead.

it is none the less a fact that dead bodies have been used as sandbags b4 in WW1 and WW2 and probably in Korea.

Yes normally it would be cheese but the truth is it actually happened in real life! I encourage everyone to google the true story, he did even more unbelievable stuff.
Great film strong 10 of 10!

You did notice that the soldiers looked up to him after he carried 75 men off that ridge all by himself right?

Guess you missed the part BASED ON A TRUE STORY, try watching the documentry of Desmond Doss on Youtube, those events happened.

Yes, this really was like those made for TV true story movies.

Incredibly corny.

It's really kind of sad that you can't relate to or understand the corny moments.

"All I saw was some skinny kid [...] I never have been more wrong about someone in my life."

Who is the intended audience? Five-year olds?

Oh and did you like him washing off the blood in slow-mo?
They should have used that shot in The Passion Of The Christ too!

It really does make you realise that Mel had a point when he decided not to show some of the even more remarkable heroics that Doss got up to for the fear that the audience wouldn't believe it.

Small moves Ellie, small moves

I didn't think any of those scenes were cheesy.

Some of the love story scenes and training scenes bordered on cheese IMO. I liked the second half much more than the first.

I agree with this. A lot of people seem to have lost the ability to judge things correctly. Something seeming unrealistic does not equate to being contrived or cheesy. Ironically, certain parts I thought could have been done a little better, nobody is picking up on.

its happened kid. Nothing is impossible with the help of God.

THRILLER IS MY FOOD!

Nothing is impossible with the help of God

LOL

The entire movie is cringe worthy. Saving Private Ryan is a billion times better than this piece of ...

chancesellers wrong lol.. saving private ryan is a bore fest and over rated. Hacksaw Ridge is a great movie, period. and nothin is "cringe worthy"

What is the matter with people?
How many times does it have to be said, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!

Yep, seems those cheesy things happened.

Trump is also president, that too cheesy for ya?

Just because something proclaims to be a true story, doesn't mean it is. It's like those magical words TRUE STORY pop up on the screen and people's credulity levels boil over. Like Plato's cave, if people didn't know any better you could convince them that shadows on a wall were in fact "real".

Many things did happen, but they exaggerated allot, and we also once again saw a flamethrower being shot in his gas tank and immediately explode.

This is just a Hollywood biography movie and Hollywood is known to exaggerate allot of stuff in these kind of movies, anyone remember American Sniper where things where shown that didnt happen or changed, like Chris Kyle never shot that young boy, he shot the women in real life that was about to throw a grenade.

I myself also thought the action scenes were so exaggerated that they turned cheesy.

As it's been said, all three things actually happened.

I read about a few scenes in Band of Brothers that were queried if they were done for dramatic effect. Such as a scene where multiple rounds are hitting around someone and they did not get hit, someone being charged by a person a few meters away firing their pistol, and not getting hit, or picking up live grenades and throwing them back. All these things actually happened a few times over.