Passengers : Aurora should be GRATEFUL

Aurora should be GRATEFUL

Jim woke her up because if he didn't everyone would've died. He didn't know this, but she should still be aware of this fact and conclude that everything happens for a reason

Re: Aurora should be GRATEFUL

they didn't know that would happen, neither did you

I literally said that… but by the end of the movie, she did know that. So she should still be grateful

I only express genuine gratitude for things people did on purpose.

Gratitude for unintended stuff? That is sarcasm territory.

But thanks for voicing this notion!

I guess it's flattering in a really deranged way how he chose her over everyone else

She should have smashed his face in. He was a POS

I think she wanted to but realized she loved him before she knew he woke her up. You can't just turn that off. But mostly… then she would be alone. No thanks!

Call him a POS if you want, but since you can't honestly say for absolute certain that you'd never do the same as he did in that situation, you're on very thin moral ice.

Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't, but it's literally impossible for you to know for certain.

Tommy… how's the peeping?

I think grateful in capitals is pushing it, but in my mind it's one of the reasons she's able to make her peace with it.

Yes. Making peace is not only about Jim, but for Aurora is also about her overall situation. On a going forward basis we often benefit from consequences of decisions not fully understood at the time we made them. It goes into the mix when things work out for the best, or even just the better.