Indian Cinema : Timeline of ICB

Timeline of ICB

Many events on this board have happened since I started posting here way back in 2007.

The reason I actually came here was because of the film Taare Zameen Par. I posted for the first time on the film's board on IMDb and talked about how impressed I was with Aamir Khan's directing abilities and was responded to by a rabid SRK fan (who could've guessed) named SRani. She was quite the character. A long string of neverending debate occurred where I debated with her on Lagaan, Bhansali, and eventually somehow Pather Panchali.

I looked at her posting history and found a board called Indian Cinema Board...

The users at the time I first encountered were Pimpin, Hurdy, CosmoKramer, color_me_kubrick, pmathew (now Ratso_Rizzo), elanor, aj_malt, MyBitchisSRK (now Manwithnoname), and SRani. (I'm sure I'm forgetting others)

Those first few years of ICB were fantastic. So many great film/filmmaker recommendations, so much great discussion on cinema. It was a rabbit hole of endless discovery.

The First Troll

The first major troll I encountered on this board was a guy named LandStealer. He was incredible, a straight up proud Hindu Nationalist who would curse out and belligerently attack anyone who even mentioned an American or non-Indian film. I had a lot of admiration for that guy.

War 1

There was a giant war that started there which simultaneously involved a mega-thread on whether Ridley Scott or Paul Veerhoeven was a better filmmaker and a SRK vs Aamir battle sparked between SRani and MyBitchisSRK. That was the good ol' days of ICB arguments, people attacked each other, but at least it was through their film knowledge rather than their political ideology.

Then.... things started to slide downhill for ICB.

War 2

There was a religious war that sparked shortly after. There was a number of Muslim posters on this board including snowwhiteglows, QaReZma, MihirtheOne and theoretical_cs. Somehow a gigantic war between Hindu/Muslims started with theoretical_cs and this one guy named cosmicnomad.... I don't know much details about it, but those two guys went at it for days on end flooding this board with post after post.

Then a few years later when vikade showed up the whole place went downhill

War 3

This was the most bizarre event of ICB... some user named world-global-informati came onto this board and set off a firestorm of trolling. CosmoKramer eventually found out who he was and this giant love-triangle between him, snowhiteglows, and Cosmo and eventually got his entire account banned. That whole thing was just so freaking weird.

Anyway, the board seemed to be headed for this destination for a while. It is probably for the best.

Re: Timeline of ICB

It would have been great had you added the years these wars happened especially considering you named the thread Timeline.

Those first few years of ICB were fantastic. So many great film/filmmaker recommendations, so much great discussion on cinema. It was a rabbit hole of endless discovery.

This place is good for getting interested people up to a certain level, and once you reached that level, it's hard for you to maintain the same level of ignorance that will enable you to extract valuable insight and information. After that it's just shooting the breeze with "friends".

ICB was great for me in terms of discovery during the years you describe as being the worst, because you had already made that leg up by that time, and I hadn't.

It is what it is.

"QaReZma"

Her real name was Karishma Tiwary or Pandey. Did she marry some Muslim dude? I think she was staying in Malaysia.

Kapil Routray: The Bengali Hindus will pay for their sins.:)

Yeah you are from ages...I remember your ID. What about other legends like Pimpin and Hurdy show up....No thoughts on Hurdy and his battle with EVERYONE here. What about themanwithnoname....He came in the later half of 2000's I guess. Hurdy was gone for good then.

i first came in 2005, man this forum used to be populated back then, i remember the first lot of ICB'ers, there was kapilash, bab0000, surley temple, adorable on your vanity, anwar putterjee, EDN, futurstick, indytin85, kazi zeeshan the bobby deol fanatic, kongkong, kunalsen, .

if i am not mistaken the likes of hurdy, mihir, nybklilg91, ginerva_molly_potter, snowite glows, dead_man_talking, and so on came on around 2006

i was very active until 2008-9 period I think.
i remember one moment ICB members had made a parallel board, dont remember the reason

the first real troll on this forum was NTMK_06 active around 06-07

what about the times when pimpin, ratso, cosmo and mummers used to hand pitviper his ass on a platter like every day of the week? how did that get deleted from the timeline?

I get melancholy if I don't write. I need the company of people who don't exist.

Hahaha. Sai h boss. I am just 1 and half years old on this board and pitviper was the first to abuse me. He always thinks everyone in india lives in slums. I know he must be a rich jhaat ka baal in usa but to think everyone in india lives in slum is really bad.

pitviper got his ass raped so many times here, its not even funny amit bhai.

I get melancholy if I don't write. I need the company of people who don't exist.

Are bhai i know that. He was the first person to whome i abused on this board. I had a problem with him. Every post and thread got deleted where this snake was involved. He taught me that person can be involved too much in these kind of online activity. He does watch art movies from satyajit ray to lawda lassun but he is the biggest *beep* of this board. Every thread and post gets deleted whenever i had some rough conversation with him. I always knew he reports post.

He does watch art movies from satyajit ray to lawda lassun but he is the biggest *beep* of this board.

a perfect description of pitviper. hurdygurdy was an angel compared to this guy.

Ya man. Hurdy was really really better than him. If i ever meet this *beep* face to face, ill shove his fathers mercedes in his ass and ill declare this guy is pregnant from all sides. Power of slum people.

Only way you'll meet me face to face is if you manage to scrounge up enough money from sucking your daddy's friend's dicks, monkey desi

Hehehehe. Kya humour hai. Bhaag bhosdika.

first of all pitviper you need to stop reporting every post. Second of all. You got the troll id of WGI but you forgot my original GSW version. I believe I am one of the older posters on this board. LOL!!!!

pitviper got his ass raped so many times here

Fake news. No need to project your experience on ICB onto other users kallu mallu

What happened to that crazy SRK fan SRani? I used to frequent these boards back in 2006 and I remember her particularly for being the ardent SRK fan. I come here every now and then, but haven't seen her in ages.

"Uwe Boll is a genius who should be studied in every film school"