Westworld : Similarities between LOST and WestWorld

Similarities between LOST and WestWorld

Both these shows have J.J. Abrams attached to them. While watching W.W. I noticed quite a few similarities (obvious and hidden) I will list some of them here. Please feel free to add to this list.

1) Presence of the mysterious Man In Black.
2) An big corporation trying to control things from behind the scenes. Delos in West World, Dharma in Lost
3) The presence of the maze icon, In lost it was the various Dharma logos and in WW the maze diagrams spread throughout the series
4) Journey of self discovery. In Lost it was about Jack, in WW it was about Dolores.
5) Non linear timeline. In both the series the narrative is not linear in time, it switches back and forth.
6) Closeups of eyes.
7) Time loops, people living the same cycle again and again.
8) Presence of a hidden entity. Arnold in WW, Jacob in lost
9) Underground hidden stations.

~Hasta la vista..Baby

Re: Similarities between LOST and WestWorld

10) Excessive boob shots. Down the front of the shirts in Lost, straight up nudity in WW.

At some point the writers will be totally lost and make no sense of the show whatsoever

OP, people waking from dreams, then dreaming again, then waking in a different time and place, i.e.: Jack and Dolores. Jack's opening scene and ending scene is him laying down and closing or opening his eyes.

4 is wrong. LOST was about self discovery and moving on in general, for each of its characters. It was not just about Jack.

I would say Westworld is on an island. At least metaphorically speaking for now. We might find out later its an actual island. But yes its isolation alone makes it an island.