Ghostbusters : Male Student Was Nail in Coffin Of Getting Them Kicked Out

Male Student Was Nail in Coffin Of Getting Them Kicked Out

Of University, I believe he filed a complaint after Peter's shocking experiment at beginning.

Re: Male Student Was Nail in Coffin Of Getting Them Kicked Out

I, likewise, had a similar impression--that the kid marched straight over to the dean's office after leaving Venkman's, and this was the straw that finally broke the camel's back.

I dig how it seems that Venkman's questionable behavior drives most of the plot forward.

A similar event occurs when he butts heads with Peck--who is likewise a prick, but just doing his job. This, of course, leads to Vinz Clortho's much-lauded "sign."

I think it's pretty safe to say that he went straight to the Dean after he was basically electrocuted by some hack, student scientist.

And it's probably safe to say that this wasn't Peter's(or the others) first complaint.

hack, student scientist.
]

who looked like he was pushing 45 and had pock marks up the wazoo!

Oh God. Fortune vomits on my eiderdown once more.

Walter Peck was being kind of dick (no pun intended) for refusing to address Venkman as "Doctor" instead of "Mister" so I'm not surprised Venkman wasn't more cooperative, but he was a fool to think his perpetual arrogance wouldn't get him into trouble ... again.
Those two's egos could give a certain presidential candidate a run for his money. Go ahead and assume I'm referring to Hillary (even though I said "his") but everyone knows who I'm really referring to.

Your oversensitivity regarding Hillary Clintons masdive ego is almost cute.

Little bastard was probably the one that ratted them out to the Dean.

Yeah--I could see that

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I agree. Peter's unproffessionalism got everyone fired. And to the later poster who mentioned Peck and him, yeah. I always thought Egon or Ray probably would've been the ones who should've talked to Peck. Fact is, I doubt Peter had helped build the containment unit. So both Egon and Ray who built it would be the ones who show Peck how it works. Not Peter.

Green Goblin is great! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1L4ZuaVvaw

I don't think that student who got shocked went and told anyone about it. He doesn't know Venkman was lying to him about getting some stuff right, and he even tells him to keep the 5 bucks haha.

Venkman etc got canned probably because of an accumulation of things not related to the bogus experiments that Venkman was running at the beginning. It sounds like the guys were basically slacking off all year round without anything substantial to show to the college hierarchy, and it just came to a head at the start of this movie. I never got the impression that the male student at the start snitched on them and that kicked things off. If that was the intention of the filmmakers, then the Dean would've said "a student told us about your little electro-shock experiments...".

Commence Operation... Vacu-suck

I think the student had enough common sense to know what Bill Murray was doing

That dude seemed like kind of a buzzkill and an uptight humorless nerd, but still was no reason for Venkman to shock him. I used to get the biggest kick out of that scene as a kid, but it makes me cringe a little now. I get that he had a crush on the chick and obviously wasn't gonna shock her or even tell her she got the wrong answers, but why shock the guy when he DID get the answers right? lol

I don't know if it's the filmakers' intent, but at some point, I got the idea Peter was proving negative stimuli provokes greater psychic response.

--
You have many question, Mr Sparkle. I send you premium -- answer question, hundred percent!

I get that he had a crush on the chick and obviously wasn't gonna shock her or even tell her she got the wrong answers, but why shock the guy when he DID get the answers right? lol

A couple isn't 3.

"1-800 Spank me? I know that number." Scott Calvin, The Santa Clause.