The Meddler : Post deleted

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: An Apple commercial

And what about the scene with here sitting amongst all those huge Crate & Barrel shopping bags? This movie is wall-to-wall product placement AND it was painfully UNFUNNY. I walked out 30 minutes into it!

You're wrong, again.

There was NO paid-for product placement in the movie. That's according to the film's Writer-Director. And the tiny budget for the movie reflects that.

Apple happens to be the biggest and most popular company in this country at the moment. Most people own Apple items, including old people! So the movie staying true to life -- it's based on a true story --meant some brands were shown. Does it really make a difference?

maybe that's why the budget was so low...Apple paid for everything

You have mentioned on at least 2 boards that you walked out after 30 minutes...so what (really) do you know about it. This was not a laugh at loud comedy movie. It was a study about a woman coming to terms with the changes in her life after the loss of her spouse. I have been through this when my parent became a widower, and let me tell you it is not fun or funny. You just learn to deal with it and occasionally something amusing happens that helps you move forward. The product placement didn't bother me much because she was doing the retail therapy...and using certain people to replace the ones she was missing....but that was explained at about the hour mark...so you would have missed that.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Also an advertisement for Lexis automobiles.

People who complain about product placement are idiots. Movies are supposed to reflect life....people own products in real life. Real products just make everything look more real.

I loved the movie and loved seeing "The Grove" in the movie. I live about 3 blocks from "The Grove" and it is always fun to see your own neighborhood in a film.