Ghosts of Girlfriends Past : That's Cold…

That's Cold…

I generally hate romantic comedies and only save them just in case for surprise date nights, but watching this I actually got more into the movie than the girls did (at least for the beginning). I was actually feeling really bad for the guy after his date totally screwed him over for the jock who had to use the grapevine to ask her to dance (that's almost as bad as asking someone out with a note makes me cringe).

They seemed to have a lot of history and were really close right up until that moment, which just made what she did 100x worse (if there weren't really close childhood friends it wouldn't have been all that bad). I can totally understand how that event might have scarred him a little.

As for the choking excuse, he WAS choking it pretty bad, but the boy wasn't going anywhere, and a big part of her clearly wanted to stay with him judging by the way she looked to him for a response before she answered. I'm sorry but the girl shouldn't have needed his help making a decision for herself, and if she did it just to make him jealous and actually took it that far than her moral compass was clearly pointing south. Anyone agree?

Re: That's Cold…

Yeah that was painful, sure he choked big time but like you said they had been friends for ever and she just left him standing there.

When there's no more room in hell, The dead will walk the earth

yeap, that's the other moral to the story. Girls also play an equal part in a relationship and screwing up other peoples lives. While not a big deal for some, to know that her first kiss was with some jock she hardly knows and for them to French kiss in front of him well that take the cake. She was just too weak under peer pressure and she already knew what kind of guy he was (still an adolescent and finding himself) which meant she had to act first. This is the typical girl who is more adult than boy of same age, but wants him to become an adult in 3 seconds, but ends up with dude who is more masculine on the outside.

I think that the ease with which she dumped him shows she's a player too. They're perfect for each other. : )

I felt bad for the guy being dumped then his date making out with a stranger

On the plus side when he turned into the popular IT guy he blew her off at the party so she knew what it felt like being humiliated infront of everybody