Driver from Hell : remake of duel?

remake of duel?

this sounds like a remake of duel the 1971 movie?

Re: remake of duel?

More like rip off-don't see Richard Mathesons name anywhere.

I guess somebody should sue them.

Yeah,Seems like a copy-paste.

Aye, without anything that made Duel great.

More like remake of Joyride... Damn, that sounds horrible. Maybe they should call it Joyride 4 and stop fooling people.

No, it's a rip off of duel. Same exact script when the trucker wave them to pass when an oncoming car was approaching.

State champ in martial arts, trained with firearms, I eFF'n dare you!

yep i agree total copy of duel. check out the diner scene. where dennis weaver gets in the truckers face & tells him to stop it. damn near exact in this movie. just worth looking at cause women tend to react differently than men. i'm watching now (yes i'm female) out of curiosity.

It says it's a remake. It's in the "Did You Know" trivia section on the page.

That was added by an IMDB user. Bufus, The Wonder Director, is claiming that he wrote it. So far, I see that Variety called him out on it. My recommendation is to steal it for free before it gets yanked, copyright laws being what they are, and all.

Don't buy it, don't pay to see it. Matheson and Spielberg should have been given credit.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Remake of Duel for the empowered wimminz feminist SJW generation. We already know what happens. The woman will get the better of some evil white man trying to kill and/or rape her and will show how strong and independent and powerful wimminz are.

Meanwhile, back in the real world.

LOL

I can hear that NBC announcer calling out all the female cop shows where the women are beating up men in every episode.

They took the helpless female stereotype and replaced it with a far more unreal macho woman chick fu stereotype!

You hate Congress but every election you re-elect YOUR "guy" and wonder why things never change!

i don't think so
there is no connections

If you can't outrun a truck in a 5 litre V8 Ford Mustang ? you deserve to die !

got that right
at least duel had a crap car versus a beefed up truck which made it somehow believable.

Collection
http://www.imdb.com/list/4zXrE3AAzT4/

Great point and I agree, the car is the difference in the two films. One was sh!t and the other is a beast.

same thing my boyfriend just said. its irritating the hell out of him. hes a racer tho. funny to watch him take it so personal.

There's no actual attribution of "Duel" in the movie (despite whatever IMBD says), so yeah, it seems a rip-off.

@ OP, a-yup. And, as if simply stealing everything from Duel wasn't bad enough, the director thinks we are all stupid enough to swallow that it's his original idea. There are two interviews where he cla

Grr..damned dumbphones. Anyway, he has stated that the idea was wholly his, no attribution whatsoever to Duel, Matheson, nothing. Check out the reviews; there are probably more than two.

more of a rip-off instead of a remake.

Libera te tu temet ex inferis.
pro ego sum diabolus, pro ego sum nex.

Rip off list from memory.
Please feel free to add more.

Phone booth

Cafe

Cliff

Wave past into oncoming vehicle

Parked ahead, approached on foot

Warning of required car maintenance at gas station

And confronting the wrong driver in said cafe, only to watch him walk to the far side of the truck, seemingly enter and start it and drive off in a different vehicle.

Well, if it was or not....I enjoyed it! I love any "horror/thrillers" having to do with trucks, cars etc. Remember the classic movie The Car? Great flick. So this was a breath of fresh air as was Joyride and the like. Duel....no one can hold a candle to that one. Maximum overdrive? Classic too. Christine? Rather watch a "remake" of Duel than any of that other crap coming out.....like a million Paranormal Activity...one was enough. Give me another original like It Follows or Cabin in the Woods. I'll stick to liking Wrecker myself.

I don't think it was terrible but I think they should acknowledge Duel rather than pretend it never existed.

"Duel". was a much better movie. There's nothing original about this one.

"Self-reflection is the hardest thing for SOME people to do!"