Short Films : Never-ending staircase... [solved]

Never-ending staircase... [solved]

I watched a weird short a few years ago (around 2000) where there was someone climbing up this infinitely long, never-ending staircase. As he/she kept going up the stairs we could see different people and objects passing by, representing major events in world history, from ancient Greeks to Lenin to Einstein to Hitler, etc. Something like a moving timeline.

Does this ring a bell to anyone?
Many thanks.

DrReeL

---

Answer: "Stairway to Lenin" - Appears in "The Orchestra" (1990) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373210/)
Credit: Many thanks to babe for the answer!

Re: Never-ending staircase...

If I remember rightly it was a music video to Bolero (sp?). The camera never cut away and the stairs just kept going. I've always wondered how they did that. The same people also did one with the camera going through a garden party that never ended, just kept turning corners to find yet another garden. I saw it on a late night show called "Arts and (something) which showed sometimes bizarre little films. I looked up the company on the internet but have since lost the address. to this day I haven't figured out how they filmed that never ending staircase - CGI ?

Babe

When you find out, let me know. It sounds like something I would watch.

"I don't know what the hell that is, but I'll lick it anyways."

If you ever see the video again you'll see the company name in the bottom of the screen. The company has a web site where they sell some of their flicks. I used to have them book marked until my computer crashed. If I ever do find it I'll let you know.

Babe

Edit:

The video is called "Stairway to Lenin" and was produced by Zbig Productions @
http://www.filmsbyzbig.com/. They do sell DVDs of their work.

I nearly forgot I had posted this question...

Many thanks babe, I think this is it! It appears to be part of Zbigniew Rybczynski's "The Orchestra". Will try to get hold of it to verity, but I'm pretty sure this is the one.

Thanks again!

DrReeL