Short Films : Help with title of short film???

Help with title of short film???

Some years ago I saw a very powerful short film and would like to see it again but I cannot think of name, director or anything else. It is European and somehow Danish comes to mind but I wouldn't bank on it. The film is black and white as far as I remember and shows a streetscape with all the citizens filing along the walls with their hands above their heads against the walls. After a while a brave citizen decides to break the routine and steps out into the street, all the while looking fearful. Soon some more citizens follow suit and walk out to the centre of the street. Just as one feels the have been liberated from whatever regime was forcing them to act as they were, an unseen machine-gun fires into them, killing at least one citizen. The survivors hurry back to the wall and continue to file along endlessly. There are no words, the oppressor is unseen and there may be a powerful soundtrack. If anyone has any ideas or even knows how to go about searching I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks.

Z podniesionymi rekami?

Here's a good possibility... haven't seen it, and can't find it online, just read about it (won an award at Cannes in 1991).

Z podniesionymi rekami (1986) (aka With Hands Raised, aka Hands Up)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242156/

Polish short film, B&W, no dialogue. It's supposed to be a dramatization of the famous WWII Warsaw ghetto photo linked below.

http://www.eilatgordinlevitan.com/warsaw/w_pix/ghetto_scenes/042207_05 _b.gif
That's part of your problem, you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies.

Re: Z podniesionymi rekami?

Thanks for that TimeNTide. It sounds like the kind of movie I am interested but I have a feeling it is not it. The one in question definitely depicts no guards or guns. Only the sound of a gun is heard killing hte civilians, after which they get back into rank. I must check out the one you mention in any case. Thank you for taking the time to help.

Re: Z podniesionymi rekami?

You're welcome. Despite the details that match, I also suspected that this might not be the film you seek since you didn't mention the prominence of a boy in the film, and I'm pretty sure the Nazi guards are on screen.

Hopefully, someone else will know...
That's part of your problem, you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies.