Grown Ups : This movie is funny. The reason why people hate it…

Re: This movie is funny. The reason why people hate it…

Doubtful. I wasn't a huge fan of The Hangover, but it was at least more tolerable than this film. The thing I found most difficult to watch about Grown Ups was its run time - this movie just dragged on, and it's only a hundred minutes long! I found it very boring, but some funny parts scattered in between. However, I wouldn't call it horrible or God-awful by any chance.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

+1

Too much "witty" dialogue. The movie thinks it is witty but it is like machine gunning lines. It is line after line….not even sure I would call it dialogue it would better be called "lines". Other wise it would of been better…they needed to relax the script a little.

I actually enjoyed the movie quite a lot and looking forward to the sequel.

I will usually watch this movie if it's on, but it is not funny at all. I like the scenery & it is a good summer movie. I like this movie better than the hangover, I rate that 1/10 and will probably never watch that film again.

Get busy livin….. or die tryin - Morgan Freeman, "The Shawshank Redemption"

The great outdoors was citizen kane and casablanca compared to this piece of junk.poop jokes, mothers milk jokes, it was disgusting and not remotely funny and what do we get? a sequel! more poop jokes! more mothers milk jokes! I can't wait!

Everyone who went to this in the theater owes us an apology.

___
All insults will be interpreted as an admission that you cannot contribute to the discussion.

I got roped in to seeing this at the cinemas and boy do I wish I could get those two hours back! I won't apologise to anyone for seeing this. If anything I'd like Sandler and co to give me my $13 back!!

It's funny when someone who doesn't know comedy posts on this website claiming others don't know comedy. This post was funnier than the movie.

You are an idiot and I hate both The Hangover and Grown Ups.

Pff `people don`t understand good comedy` are you a kind of genius of comedy or something?

The Hangover is highly overrated… it's good but tell me you watch this once a week and still laugh as crazy as Grown Ups or That's my boy ?? Theses movies are stupid as hell but they are well written and that's why we are more appeal to watch them again then The Hangover or Judd Apatow movie… don't get me wrong, i'm a huge fan of theses titles but bottom line, Adam Sandler's movies are dumb and (except Bedtime Stories, Jack & Jill), i watch his movies again at least twice or more a year !!

Last Movies: - Star Trek Into Darkness: 4/5
- Pain & Gain: 3,5/5
- Oblivion: 4/5

It wasn't a brilliant movie but it was really funny and entertaining, which to me was surprising because usually when they bring a bunch of actors together that usually play more starring roles the movies are awful. Batman and Robin had Clooney, Uma Thurman, Alicia Silverstone, Arnold Swarzenegger, Chris O'donnel all big stars at the time and it is the worst movie I have ever seen.

The actors in Grown Ups really seemed to be enjoying themselves mucking around together which really comes off well, it creates that great chemistry often seen in adam sandlers better films, he hasn't made many in a while. The stuff with rob schneider's daughter's were some of the funniest moments I can remember.

I don't usually hate on comments or movies but c'mon man This film is awful. I'm not a comedy snob, I like stupid slapstck as much as subtle sophisticated comedy. But this was worse than immature, it was just unbearable.

And I do normally like Adam Sandler (besides the Disney endings that is) & click is one of my favourite films of all time. I also love Chris Rock I think he's hilarious. But this film couldn't even appeal to the most immature part of me, sorry but this was the worst "big film" I've ever seen. (I say big film because I've seen a lot of those low budget, never heard of films on double sided dvds with four films on them for a pound and they're horrendous)

If any of you think this is a great comedy, then wait till you see some really funny stuff. Not saying that in a nasty way, genuinely you'll burst your sides at better comedy…

I liked it too, but there's no way I'm going to admit the humor was witty. It was about as cheap as a $5 wine. Immature humor.

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!!"

I like this movie.

The odd thing is, I don't have many friends, but for some wierd reason, I can relate to the bond those grown ups have with their childhood friendship.

I agree with the OP, although I thoroughly enjoyed The Hangover. For an example, I would have used any of the trendy comedies that abuse satire. I'm sure some of it's because the movie was meant to appeal to a certain generation, which is obvious merely from it's title. The funny thing is that I'm not a fan of Sandler's recent work, but Grown Ups is an exception.

Post deleted

I loved the movie. Thought it was a good adult comedy.

I found this movie lazy, pandering, overly safe, unoriginal and most importantly unfunny, all of which are fatal flaws in a comedy. I would be able to forgive a lot of the negatives if it at least made me genuinely laugh. It just simply wasn't my brand of humor. I don't think people are dumb for enjoying this movie, it just did absolutely nothing for me.

A recent Adam Sandler movie that also had many of those flaws, but I actually enjoyed, was "That's My Boy." That movie was stupid and had no sense of quality or class, but I still admired how little it cared for political correctness and many of the filthy jokes made me genuinely laugh in spite of its flaws.

Trailer For My Second Feature

The Hangover sucks, but it's Citizen Kane compared to this piece of garbage. This movie, it's like it didn't even have a script, it was like they just improvised the whole thing. The acting is so weird and the entire flick has this weird tone to it, in addition to the unfunny jokes. The really sad thing is that these guys could have improvised one of the funniest movies ever, if this had been made in the 90's. Back then they were all crazy talented and funny, but at this point they've lost it.

I'm just surprised that given the cast, it's surprisingly sweet and cute, and not so much gross out "comedy"

I've just started watching it on Netflix and am surprised at it.

I'm kinda glad about that. I was dreading a gross out cheesefest. But it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it.

So many stories, so little time.

I like a nonsense comedy when there's a bit of effort. 1/10