The Late Show with Stephen Colbert : Bill Maher owned Colbert

Bill Maher owned Colbert

Just watched the 7/14/16 episode with Bill Maher and he made Colbert look like a straight up fool on his own show. But I have to make it good!" was classic.

"Your authority is not recognized in Ft. Kickass."

Re: Bill Maher owned Colbert

Bill is definitely not going to take any crap from Colbert. His diatribe on police relations was followed by such an awkward pause from Colbert...I just don't think this particular gig is for him.

How did he make him look like a fool? And Colbert easily could've comeback to Maher's diss by asking him how many Emmys he has, but he didn't because unlike Bill, Colbert actually has class and respect for Bill.

No collection of Emmy awards can save the ratings of this stinker of a show. Funny enough, Colbert isn't nominated for an Emmy this year. Gee, I wonder why? Beyond that, Bill never would've been able to do that to Letterman, Carson, or Leno and gotten away with it. Colbert is a putz as the host of this program.

No collection of Emmy awards can save the ratings of this stinker of a show.

I'm not arguing that, but Colbert has proven that he can do a show several times a week and make it good, and he has the Emmys to prove it. Bill doesn't.

And Bill never would've done that to Letterman or Leno because Bill actually liked them and had respect for them. He doesn't like Colbert, because unlike Leno he actually challenges Bill. Also, Bill doesn't respect Colbert because he feels Colbert doesn't challenge his own audience, even though he does occasionally, especially when it comes to religion.

"I'm not arguing that, but Colbert has proven that he can do a show several times a week and make it good, and he has the Emmys to prove it. Bill doesn't."

Like Bill said, Colbert does a show several times a week and it isn't very good. The metric for this are his low ratings and not being nominated for an Emmy for The Late Show. He won his Emmy awards for a completely different program that actually had a fan base and word of mouth buzz. Bill Maher can at least make people laugh which would help explain why he has been so popular for so long. He may not have won an Emmy, which seems to be very important to you, but he has a funnier and ultimately more watchable program.

As for who Colbert respects or likes, that doesn't matter in the least. All the people I named had the comedic chops and the balls to not be upstaged on their own program. I don't think this show is getting any better and the ratings reflect that.

All the people I named had the comedic chops and the balls to not be upstaged on their own program

The people you named were never upstaged on their own program because their guests had too much respect for them to try to upstage them, although I remember Kimmel destroying Leno on his short-lived "Jay Leno Show" during the Leno-Conan fiasco. Leno didn't seem to have the chops and balls during that interview.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I'm a colbert fan but you are spot on.

Yeah... the irony is that those Emmys he has are basically for something completely opposite to what he's been doing with Late Show...

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Bill Maher is a dolt.

I'm a Colbert fan. But I have to admit it. Maher beats him every time.