Short Films : Short Film About Regret, Seeking Input

Short Film About Regret, Seeking Input

Looking for any valuable input into a short film I wrote and directed, less than 4 minutes. Ideally, can you get a real sense of this character's life in such a short time, choice of score with the video, directing style, etc. Again, any valuable and real input would be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTTxnxtH4vA&list=WLE24230219641C086&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Thank you to all who view.

Re: Short Film About Regret, Seeking Input

First off, I found this thread through the one you posted on the INTK board. Just so you know, the INTK board is a "find that movie/tv show/etc. that you can't remember enough about to find on your own so ask others" kind of board. I personally don't care if you post an off-topic post on there but there are plenty who do so expect some berating if you plan to leave your post. Either that or don't expect any replies at all. Anyway, just a head's up.

Also, you don't need that long video link. This is all you need:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTTxnxtH4vA

As for your short film...

Pros:

I definitely felt that the lead regretted something and I'm so far emotionally invested in him that it's driving me a bit crazy wondering what he did to feel such regret. So, mission accomplished in that respect.

Cons:

The camera moved around a little too much for my taste particularly in the close-ups. Maybe invest in a simple tripod?

The music was a little too loud for me. And, no offense to the person playing it, but maybe practice a little more before recording it because there were points were you can hear them fumbling through the notes. Unless, of course, this was the entire point i.e. the music was purposely made the way it was(too loud and not played "professionally") to enhance the off-kilter feeling one would have when regretting.

Sig-A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and art into pedantry. Hence a lot of IMDb board users.-me paraphrasing George Bernard Shaw

Mad Simian,
Thank you for your input on both the message board, and the short, it is all appreciated. The musician did have a 'raw' effect he was going for. Thank you again for the input.

Josh Downey

Ah, yes 'raw'. Much closer to what I was going for than 'off-kilter'. And, you are welcome. Anything to help someone with the same initials as me. lol

Sig-A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and art into pedantry. Hence a lot of IMDb board users.-me paraphrasing George Bernard Shaw