Poldark : Elizabeth, the bringer of misfortune SPOILERS

Elizabeth, the bringer of misfortune SPOILERS

Is it just me or Elizabeth is bad luck. I am surprised that Aunt Agatha doesn't realize this. Think about it, Francis loses his fortune and good name in part because she is cold to him. Ross never could quite succeed during the time he was still pining Elizabeth and the ideal of her.

George wanted to marry Elizabeth partly to destroy Ross, but it actually ends up destroying his precious Warleggan legacy as his only son, and the only male Warleggan in the new generation is not biologically his.

I don't think its really an accident that once Ross rejects Elizabeth that his fortune rises, and George fails with diminishing success in ruining Ross.

Re: Elizabeth, the bringer of misfortune SPOILERS

She doesn't get much good luck heself never mind trying to blame her for everyone else's.

Good observation kmill. She does leave a trail of havoc in her wake. I have the slightest bit of sympathy for George. It is incredibly cheesy of her to marry him, while pregnant with his enemy's child. Granted maybe she didn't know... But from the book timeline she was most likely about 3 weeks late when she married George. And what lady after having a one night stand wouldn't be keeping track of that stuff?

Doubt she would have known, if only for the reaction of her face when Aunt Agatha suggested it could be Ross's.

Doubt she would have known, if only for the reaction of her face when Aunt Agatha suggested it could be Ross's.

Yes, the tv show is portraying it as she did not know. I'm referring to the book. There is no such scene in the book. In the books, she seems to know the baby is Ross's but will never admit it to anyone. I think she knew when she married George that she was most likely pregnant. Of course the tv series is portraying a sweeter Elizabeth that would never consider passing another man's baby off as her husbands.