Poldark : Behind the Scenes of Ross and Worm's Last Fight (SPOILERS)

Behind the Scenes of Ross and Worm's Last Fight (SPOILERS)

Re: Behind the Scenes of Ross and Worm's Last Fight (SPOILERS)

Thanks, TLF.

It's always a pleasure to watch the 'making of' scenes. Do you think that Aiden would enjoy it as much if he were playing George?

A Checkered Life speaks of myriad diverse adventures being the rewards of endless curiosity.

LOL! Probably not. It would be fun to see him playing George. Did you ever see the miniseries Aidan was in "And Then There Were None"?

I love the making of/behind the scenes stuff and am delighted when they are included in the bonus material on the DVDs/Bluerays.

Judging from the hours of behind the scenes appendicies from The Hobbit, I would say Aidan is experienced in stage combat and seemed to enjoy it. Kili (Aidan's character) actually had a relatively large amount of featured fight scenes for a supporting character. Too bad we don't get to see Ross use that ceremonial sword, because Aidan got quite good with sword as well as archery.

Way back in his Being Human days there was some BTS that featured some fight sequences and you can tell he was enthusiastic and totally into it. It was kinda cute, even though some of the time Mitchell wasn't exactly being the hero.

I like it too..its interesting and fun to see actors work together that can't stand each other in a show.

I own all 3 seasons of the Being Human series. I really loved the camaraderie between the three main characters. I didn't always like the vampire/werewolf stuff but the rest of it was really good. Mitchell was a great character. Did you know Russell Tovey is now playing on Quantico and he is a totally different character on there than he was on BH.

I did know that Russell was on Quantico but haven't watched it. Maybe I'll give it look see. AT and RT, and AT and Jason Watkins (Herrick) had great on screen chemistry. I like the original three Annie, George and Mitchell, especially season 1 when the focus was on the inter-relationships and less on the supernatural. I don't care much for series 3, too much emphasis on werewolves, I hate Mitchells story line in that series, and Annie and Mitchell as a couple (love of his long life? It seemed that was Josie, who had great on screen chemistry old and young with AT.) just didn't click and seemed forced.

I watched Quantico the first season but kept getting a bit confused and kind of slowly lost interest. I really haven't watched it but once this season but knew Russell was on there and saw one or two scenes....very different from his Being Human character...like night and day. I felt the same about season 3 of BH. I hated what they did to Mitchell's character and the emphasis on his dark side and the vampires. That was one messy, hard to watch, storyline. I liked Annie and Michell together, felt they were so good with each other and the bond between them seemed very special,but, yes saw that same connection with Josie too. Even though Aidan was leaving the show to go off and film The Hobbitt, I hated it that they felt they had to kill him off and in the way they did...gosh. So heartbreaking.

Hi, Ladies.

This is a bit on an OT, but not too much. I recently read a couple entertainment news articles about Being Human because it was on Amazon Prime, so I always do some research. I have to confess an emotional stomach that isn't reliable with gruesome scenes, blood splashed around, and lots of gore. These shows has been especially popular in the US the last few years. Recently one of HBO's was so bad that men were complaining. Loudly.

So, I was seeking information about Human because it is impossible to un-see what I accidentally take in. It sounds lame to folks who love gory, but "total horror wimp' here.

I knew who the actors were, having watched them before and was interested in their combined chemistry. The first web article raved about the new show, giving it five stars, but providing no details.

The second article focused more on Aiden because of The Hobbit and then spoke about how he and Leonore has fallen for each other on/off set.

Still not finding the right data, an article on the second Google page turned up a long story about Aiden's growing fame with The Hobbit and his several year relationship with a beautiful Irish actress. She was working in NYC with a Broadway play. I don't remember any news source titles, but one photo of them at some event listed then: "Hands off her man and she means it!" It was a laugh; someone nearly a foot shorter than "her man" could not be very dangerous. IMO

I got through 1/3rd of the first episode of Being Human and quit. When some older vampire is speaking to Mitchell at the hospital about M needing to feed regularly, I was fine. That's what they do; but then this person asks M to accompany him to the children's ward for a few sips and my finger hit the Off button. Adults, fine; but, no children, even if the propaganda is that they will live forever. Yuck.

Back to the fighting: Aiden was excellent in his fight scenes during The Hobbit. Peter Jackson always brings in the best trainers for his actors, so they were all in great form. He was also the most dashing Dwarf amongst the Twelve. How could a lonely woodland elf resist his charm and chutzpah? (I love that last word and seldom have an place to use it. Learned it from Fiddler on the Roof. :)

And Lee Pace was gorgeous as Legolas' dad. All of the elves were gorgeous. Where can we buy their clothes? So beautiful in design and elegance.

A Checkered Life speaks of myriad diverse adventures being the rewards of
endless curiosity.

Re: Behind the Scenes of Ross and Worm's Last Fight (SPOILERS) - OT

And Lee Pace was gorgeous as Legolas' dad. All of the elves were gorgeous. Where can we buy their clothes? So beautiful in design and elegance.

Off Topic

Yes, Lee Pace was a terrific and terrific looking Thranduil. Regardless of how one feels about The Hobbit movies, Peter Jackson deserves a lot of credit for his aesthetic design sense. He creates a very realistic feel to Middle Earth through art direction, prop design and costume/hair/makeup. The elves clothes were indeed beautiful. There is a series of books on the production design written by Daniel Falconer that are excellent.

Many years ago a traveling exhibit of the costumes from LOTR came to NYC which I had the opportunity to view. The amount of detail was amazing even though much of it would only be visible on screen for a few minutes or not at all. I do know The Hobbit costumes were exhibited in New Zealand but I don't think they have been outside on NZ yet.

Ahhhh, Ms. Nmadura!

That would have been such a pleasure to see. Touring museums is one of the delights of my life. I training to be a fine artist and seek out the creative venues first, but still love all of them regardless of the subject. Art, history with the huge skeletons and dioramas, geology, cars, industrial, toys, anything except war. Just cannot get myself to seeing relics of destruction. Reading about it is not as viscerally shaking, yet photos have the same power as museums.

What an amazing opportunity to see those gorgeous clothes in person. Where they all on manikins? What is most amazing is how much money Peter spent of have the exquisite detail made to those garments (and all other things worn, used, held, climbed, or even eaten) in his films. So much literal handwork went in the products. It was fascinating to watch that brief clip with Lee working on swords when he wasn't training or acting.

It is amazing to see in museums what people - primarily women - have done throughout the ages with their handwork. There are a few tapestries have survived over a thousand years.

A Checkered Life speaks of myriad diverse adventures being the rewards of endless curiosity.

Ah, a kindred spirit who loves museums. I am lucky(?) enough to live in the NYC metro area where there are many world class museums, which I have visited multiple times. When my children were little I had a membership to the Museum of Natural History and the Bronx Zoo as they had wonderful behind the scenes programs for children. The Cloisters have truly amazing tapestries, although nothing like what is accessible in Europe.