Poldark : Season 2, Episode 6 -- Best Hour of TV, 2016

Season 2, Episode 6 -- Best Hour of TV, 2016

"Poldark's" writing has been so much better this year than last, it's almost unrecognizable as the same series.

Too bad U.S. viewers can't identify which threads here (barring threads obviously titled) won't spoil the rest of the season. But Episode 6 was basically a full theatrical movie in 52 minutes--romance, action, every possible character with a part in the plot. Best hour of television, 2016.

Re: Season 2, Episode 6 -- Best Hour of TV, 2016

Are you watching series 2 on PBS? Have you gotten to the controversial last 3 episodes yet?

No, and thank you for asking. (It's why I suggested that British versus U.S. viewers mark their threads with, like, "[UK]" or "🇺🇸," because navigating this board is as dicey as navigating the Downton Abbey board was.

But it's impossible not to know what happens in the last three episodes even if one hasn't read the novels, and that's why I said Episode 6 was so great. The script was incredibly suspenseful and well-written. Ross Poldark is the Jason Bourne of Cornwall. Season 1 was frankly so boring that I almost didn't begin Season 2; after Ross romances and marries Demelza, not a thing about Season 1 was memorable. Season 2 has brought the rest of the cast to life (no pun intended about poor Francis).

I'm in the US and I have been watching all of the episodes online right after they air in the UK. I have done this since it first premiered. It is my favorite show. I'm afraid to publicly link the link of the person who is putting them up online, though. (Though, there are a several different websites that have the episodes posted of both seasons!)