Poldark : UK DVD Release Tomorrow

UK DVD Release Tomorrow

https://twitter.com/mammothscreen/status/795371656910962688

So the season finale was tonight in the UK an tomorrow is the UK DVD release. Awesome. Here in the states it doesn't come till Nov 22 but still...that is the shortest amount of time I have ever waited for a show to come out on DVD. I look forward to this commentary.

Re: UK DVD Release Tomorrow

Actually, amazon.co.uk released it on 6th November. I pre-ordered it and have email confirmation of its despatch on 6th 😁. No VAT because I'm not in the UK, so it was only £14.99 plus postage. I ordered a copy for my sister too, so even with postage they were only AUD$58-odd. It wont come out here until the end of the month (maybe early December - can't recall precisely) but it'll be around $35 each, so this way we get it quicker AND cheaper too 😀.

I've been watching previous episodes via YouTube, but I'm waiting to watch Ep 10 until the DVD arrives - I just bought a 60" TV and fancy seeing Ross and Demelza almost life size - and the best part ... my beloved Cornwall in all her glory 😊

Sounds like you have a lot to look forward too. My TV is 42 in...it looks great on there but wouldn't mind if it wasn't a little bigger screen. I won't be getting a bigger one though anytime soon. Enjoy!

Some people received their S2 DVDs on Friday/Saturday so were able to watch the final episode before it aired! Not me, I might add ;)

Wow!

Got mine!

If there aren't any skeletons in a man's closet, there's probably a Bertha in his attic.

I've just checked the tracking on amazon.co.uk and it says they'll arrive on Friday 18th November, but I'll be very surprised if it takes anywhere near that long. Past experience has been orders have arrived in about a week (occasionally a bit less than that).

SG, have you watched the extras yet?

I actually don't know that I can stomach watching the whole season again. I suppose I'll buy the dvd to support the show but, unlike the first season, I haven't rewatched a single episode past the first two hours this season.

I have rewatched each show 2-3 times if I can. However, I haven't been quite as enthralled in the same way as I was the first season. Perhaps some of the novelty has worn off maybe. I don't know. But I still love the show and will buy this season without hesitation. But I do understand how you feel to some degree. It was very different this season from season one. I still love it though.

Season 1 (except the last episode) was happier, which is why it was enjoyable to watch it more than once. :)
I am going to watch season 2 one more time, but I don't think I'll watch it again and again as I watched season 1.

Yes probably me too. It's embarrassing how many times I watched season one. I will rewatch season two probably many times but maybe not quite with as much enthusiasm and not as much as season one more than likely.

I'm sure that when Season 3 is done and dusted and you can watch it, you'll enjoy watching S2 as well as it all forms part of the overall story and it's a great journey to watch. I never, ever tire of watching Oldark - if I had $1 for every time I've watched it, I could retire much quicker 😂

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

You are probably right marmalade. I mean I have already watched certain shows a number of times. But if I had a dollar for everytime I have rewatched season one, I could also retire. Although I'm not old enough to yet, I am ready for sure....I have a ways to go yet.