what was in those mugs? grog?

The food I've liked in my time is American country cookin'-Colonel Sanders 🇺🇸

Re: 'to mark!'

I'm sure it wasn't tea 😉 Grog is a pretty safe bet 😁

grog is tasty!

What is grog? I've heard the word forever and thought it might be another word for ale.

A Checkered Life speaks of myriad diverse adventures being the rewards of endless curiosity.

http://www.uncommoncaribbean.com/2010/05/21/friday-happy-hour-grog-a-british-naval-tradition-since-1655/

very tasty!

Sounds lovely! Especially the rum portion. I always loved drinking a hot, buttered rum, which I have enjoyed at least four times in my life. Yummy.

Thing is, I grew up in a home in which alcohol was served only one time. My dad had returned from eleven months at sea in the Pacific, bring home a four-container of those tiny samples of wine. When he offer me a taste, I took a fairly good sip of an ultra dry riesling, choked, and then coughed for a bit. Yuck! Good thing he hadn't given me a sweet merlot.

My next alcoholic drink was on my 27th birthday when my husband took me out to a great Mexican restaurant. He ordered two Margaritas and told me that I was to drink it and to give him no nonsense!! It is great and you will like it. I did, actually.

Because of the early years, I never developed a desire to drink anything on a regular basis of more than two or three times a year. I simply don't remember. But, when out to dinner with a friend who suggests it, I'm in! :)

Thanks for responding, Nuts!

A Checkered Life speaks of myriad diverse adventures being the rewards of endless curiosity.

Some kind of hallucinogen because that didn't look like the same guy under the beard. I didn't see the cast so maybe someone could enlighten me.

It was clear Mark was not feeling so hot and they didn't believe him but I still think he really discovered something. I don't mind spoilers from the people across the pond who have seen it all by now.

that beard was something that's for sure.