Poldark : The men of Poldark

The men of Poldark

Are they all idiots? Ross risks all all of the time, Francis plunges into his watery grave because he goes mining at night when no one is in the mine, and Dwight does not go to his rendezvous because of a series of unfortunate events that were foreseeable. I guess that's what they call drama.

Re: The men of Poldark

But all hail Queen Demelza! I'm constantly that a man wrote such great female characters in Demelza and Verity, but his men are so deeply flawed. I'm rooting for Demelza to leave Ross and his lame attempts at apology. What a self centered ass!

I'm hoping he gets shot in the face when he goes back into the army!

Thankfully, at least in my opinion, the aforesaid doesn't happen (or anything like it). Ross has his flaws (don't we all?) but he's a character I've loved (for want of a better word) warts and all for at least the last 40 years and, so long as Debbie Horsfield sticks somewhat to the story, he's going to be around for a long, long time.

His good looks are nothing to sneeze at, but he is too much trouble.

Yep, all that pretty boy face gone.

You're right. I'm so angry at Ross. And, what about Elizabeth. She ain't that pretty. Demelza rocks.

IN these circumstances I usually also hate the woman and believe me I do. However, Ross bought this on himself. Needs to learn how to keep his pants on!

Not that I in any way condone his actions on the night of May 9th, but thankfully he never strays again (luckily for him, because I think if he did and Demelza found out, he'd be talking a couple of octaves higher ...). All the money Elizabeth has from her marriage to George doesn't make her happy and her marriage to George is a bit like walking a tightrope (especially after George gets wind of questions about Valentine's parentage), so she doesn't come off unscathed either.

but thankfully he never strays again (luckily for him, because I think if he did and Demelza found out, he'd be talking a couple of octaves higher ...

While I can't imagine Demelza winning the case in court, should he commit the injustice again; I can easily see the Truro women standing shoulder to shoulder with her in front of the bench. Prudy might lead the way.

A Checkered Life speaks of myriad diverse adventures being the rewards of endless curiosity.