Poldark : WEAK ...soo WEAK + i might be done with this show

WEAK ...soo WEAK + i might be done with this show

Why are the characters on this show so weak?
The writing is terrible, they decide to modernize some parts and leave others not in the 18'th but the 14'th century!
Demelza is a walking stereotype of a weak woman. Instead of getting revenge she walks in the cold water crying her heart out! I know, I’ve been there too...
(oh and what in the absolute fawk was up with her mascara running down? mascara was not invented until the 20th century!)
She should've gotten her own! Captain dude or whomever, not still be pining after Ross - sexy as he might be!
Such a cliché!
And Elizabeth, ugh, ride your damn horse and intercept the guy and confront him head on...

I'll watch the next episode, but after that I don't think I’m coming back...

#cloneclub /i am the topic closer, the real topic closer//if you post after me a faerie gets cookies

Re: WEAK ...soo WEAK + i might be done with this show

You can argue, if you want to, that these women are weak for not extricating themselves from their problems. You can't argue that Demelza is weak for failing to exact revenge on Ross. Revenge is a moral failing, not a sign of strength.

Oh please, revenge is a dish best served bloody!
Bottling up resentment disguised as forgiveness, claiming the moral high ground when in fact your ego and soul are in tatters does not in any way make you superior!
Better extract the poison and place it elsewhere than leave it ferment in your own soul till it renders your self-worth null and self-love non-existent.
Well, depends on your level of passion.
I'm not saying take revenge for every little thing but c'mon now, forgive and hold a grudge and always know yourself to be of less worth is no answer either

#cloneclub /i am the topic closer, the real topic closer//if you post after me a faerie gets cookies

If you're not in a forgiving mood, then don't forgive. I agree that swallowing hard and pretending won't solve anything. The opposite of vengeance is not "grin and bear it." Move on in whatever way you need to. Cut the tie completely if you can't mend it. But "an eye for an eye" is like the Tony Soprano school of interpersonal relations.

"an eye for an eye"

This is always such a drastically ironic choice leaving two people half blind. At least with financial reparation, the payment can be used for something more positive.

Of course, my reason for another choice is that I abhor seeing blood being shed for violent reasons.

A Checkered Life speaks of myriad diverse adventures being the rewards of endless curiosity.

I agree Joe. I was so proud of Demelza that she didn't go through with it. That made her much stronger and a better person in my eyes. Good for her!

Me too. She was desperately hurt by Ross and had the same desire that anyone would - to hurt him back. But she knew that in the end, revenge sex would only make her feel worse. I think she has shown incredible strength to maintain her own moral standards and not give in to the urge to strike back. And she's still putting on a brace face for her son. She's made of pretty tough stuff in my book.

Well said and couldn't agree more.

The way Ross treated both of them they should band together and go off to Bath!

He deserves neither of them ...

Agree, do you mean go off to bath together?? now that would be a fun scene for Ross to walk in on😂

Hahaha and then not let him join!

As if he would join in! He would beat the slimy lecher severely and toss Demelza into a tub of icy water to chill off.

It is impossible to imagine Ross willingly sharing HIS woman. WN definitely captured the spirit of the 1790s!

A Checkered Life speaks of myriad diverse adventures being the rewards of endless curiosity.

I keep saying

Bring Back Francis, the moral compass

Free Demelza, independent woman

(Caroline and Demelza's Pilchard Fishery. I can see it but WG and DH cannot).

😀