Poldark : Jeremy and Ross (SPOILER)

Jeremy and Ross (SPOILER)

So, in ep 8 we finally get to see Ross holding Jeremy. It was almost a blink and you will miss it, but, nice to see him holding him briefly if only to pass him on to Jud. That little actor is an awfully cute little boy. I know, hardly enough to start a whole new thread but I did think it was nice to finally see him holding one of his kids (other than just the christening). I would like to see some father/son moments but I have a feeling there are very few if any. Were there many in "Oldark"?

Re: Jeremy and Ross (SPOILER)

Not a lot - one of him changing Jeremy's nappy when Demelza was out and there wasn't anyone else there to attend to him (it wasn't put on very well LOL). Another with both Jeremy and Clowance (about 4 and 2 years respectively) when Ross returned from France and he'd bought them some toys.

Apart from that, I think the children were mainly mentioned, but not seen LOL

Thanks Marmalade.

Here's a cute little pic of "Aidan" holding Jeremy.

https://twitter.com/TheonlyEdison/status/790980390710349824

To be honest, I don't remember the children being significantly present in the books either. A mention here and there to remind you that they still existed but not much else. I also think that the concept of fatherhood and what was expected was very different in the 1790s than today's family involved fathers (or rather the way the ideal 21st century nuclear family should parent).

So even though the title of the book is Jeremy Poldark there is really very little about him in it.

Re: Jeremy and Ross (SPOILER) - original titles for the 1st 4 books

Regarding "Jeremy Poldark" not being about Jeremy:
At least 3 of the first 4 books got renamed when the 1970s series came out and the books were reissued. I'll check my old copy of Demelza when I get home and let y'all know.

1945 - Ross Poldark was "The Renegade"
1946 - Demelza
1950 - Jeremy Poldark was "Venture Once More"
1953 - Warleggan was "The Last Gamble"

EDIT:
Just got home:
Ironic! "Demelza" was: Originally published under the title: "Elizabeth's Story".

Dr Jason Bull: Don't give up on people, they're all we've got.

US Edition with publisher Doubleday in 1951 first changed Ross Poldark to The Renegade. And so on with the remaining titles of the original quartet.

Not too many people are aware of this, but the three 1970s Poldark novels also had original titles that were quickly displaced:

The Black Moon was originally The Mooning Blacksmith.
The Four Swans was first called The Three-and-a-Half Weasels (George, Osborne, Hugh, and Ross when he's moody).
The Angry Tide began its life as The Pouting Squire.

The Mooning Blacksmith LOL! I can see why!

-Seeking perfection in life is dangerous because it makes the less perfect less than enough-VPBlamey

The Black Moon was originally The Mooning Blacksmith.
The Four Swans was first called The Three-and-a-Half Weasels (George, Osborne, Hugh, and Ross when he's moody).
The Angry Tide began its life as The Pouting Squire.

LOL, I'd love to read those versions. I'm just finishing rereading The Three-and-a-Half Weasels. Weasel 1 just lost to the half weasel