Poldark : Dwight Enys

Dwight Enys

Such a great character. I am really happy that he gets enough screen time, and Luke Norris is doing an amazing job portraying him.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." ~Albert Einstein

Re: Dwight Enys

Yes!

If there aren't any skeletons in a man's closet, there's probably a Bertha in his attic.

Luke does great in the role....he IS Dr. Enys. I love his character.

Me too. He is quite easy on eyes too, isn't he?

I'm a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose. - The Dowager Countess (Downton Abbey)

Squeeeeeee!!!!!

Loved that little scene with him and Caroline tonight!!!!!

Such a great character. I am really happy that he gets enough screen time, and Luke Norris is doing an amazing job portraying him.
Oh, I agree rika!

I saw Luke Norris in National Theater's "A View from the Bridge" at the cinema, and even though I had seen Poldark 1 before that, I didn't realize it was the same guy. He played a love-sick hopeless romantic in it as well.

A fantastic actor! And he really did a great job in Poldark 2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for Dwight and Caroline come season 3.

He played a love-sick hopeless romantic in it as well.

A role like that does really suit him.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for Dwight and Caroline come season 3.

I hope so too.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." ~Albert Einstein

Oh, they will have their ups and downs. It is a drama after all. 😉 I hope the best for Ross and Demelza, too, but again, it is a drama. I don't expect them to never have any problems.

"How was the war, sir?"
"As any war—a waste of good men." (Poldark)

The remarkable thing, to me about Dwight, is that his character was born 250 years too early. His approach to Medicine, Its Science, and Its Patients, would have the same currency, as measured against Today's Approach.

He would just love observing a Virus, through a Scanning Electron Microscope; performing a Surgery in Scrubs, using powerfully effective anesthetics; culturing Microbes to obtain exact Diagnoses; marvel at the operation and administration of our better modern hospitals; understanding and using today's pharmacology; reading, UNDERSTANDING, & writing for, today's Medical Journals; etc. And, once he understood what Star Trek was all about, he'd get a kick in the pants, watching Dr. McCoy in action! He ALREADY understood the theory of Sepsis, and its applications, to Epidemiology--none of this "Swamp Gas Effete Vapours" malarkey, of Choake & Behenna!

And as Caroline could become more familiar with her man's Practice, she could help him in Billings; Collections; Nursing (being a "Sister", in British Med-Speak); being a perfect extension of her man's "bedside manner;any, and all details in the administration of a modern Medical Practice. With her Capital, she and Dwight could create the first hospital in Sawle.

But, in the greatest sense of the character, no one had a greater love for his patients, and greater overall success, with Treatments, Cures, and Healing, amongst fictional physicians that I know of, than Dr. Dwight Enys. I think we ALL would like Dwight as our personal physician--magnificently soothing bedside manner-- 'cause getting rid of profound anxiety, is about half the health battle won.