Poldark : Gabriela Wilde

Gabriela Wilde

Gorgeous but can't act!

Re: Gabriela Wilde

No you right, awful delivery of lines, funny the way they keep hiding her pregnancy bump with that awful dog too, lol

Beware! I said something similar in another thread and the entire thread was deleted.

Gorgeous but can't act!

Oh, I think she plays Caroline quite well, and conveys the "indulged but restless" heiress convincingly. Dwight challenges her, and you can visibly see her exterior poise break down and her inner vulnerability show. But alongside that vulnerability there's a growing strength, which I think captures Caroline well.

What do others think?

If there aren't any skeletons in a man's closet, there's probably a Bertha in his attic.

I'm with you, SG. Although I'll always think of Judy Geeson as Caroline, I think Gabriella's doing very well and I'm beginning to like her very much. It'll be good when the story progresses as we know (well, hope) it will.

I'm with you, SG. Although I'll always think of Judy Geeson as Caroline, I think Gabriella's doing very well and I'm beginning to like her very much. It'll be good when the story progresses as we know (well, hope) it will.

Series three, hopefully!

If there aren't any skeletons in a man's closet, there's probably a Bertha in his attic.

I think she's doing a fantastic job! Her facial expressions are powerful and convey her feelings quite well.

I agree with sg.

I think Gabriela is doing a wonderful job as Caroline. I know that everyone loved Judy Geeson's Caroline and I did too, but I think Gabriela's Caroline is more vulnerable and uncertain of herself, which I think is more true the character. Caroline is a young heiress that has pursued by fortune hunters and she has developed a hard shell to protect herself. She behaves badly and then tries to find someway to make up for that bad behaviour, you can tell that she is not use to dealing with someone like Dwight. They are the perfect yin and yang for each other. Her self-indulgence and his self=sacrificing.

I think Gabriella is doing quite well with her character of Caroline. At first I wasn't sure but she's won me over. I can see a sharp mind observing, evaluating, and making decisions under all that perfectly coiffed hair and big hats. Her interactions with Ross, and Dr. Enys certainly has her thinking her life is not so pre-ordained as she originally thought.

I'm thinking she has striking resemblance to a young Marilyn Monroe.

Regarding the acting, her character is coming off a bit cold and selfish. I haven't read the books, so I have no idea how true her acting is.

Caroline is an arrogant, selfish, privilege, guarded young woman with a kind heart. I think she is doing a very good job.

Yes she does look like a young Marilyn Monroe.

I agree. Wilde is also too frou-frou for Caroline in my opinion. Dwight is a good man, but I always saw Caroline as the strong one in the relationship. I just looked up her description in 'Jeremy Poldark'. She is depicted as tall, slender, strikingly handsome,and red-haired, as well as being unconventional, not at all the simpering little flirt of Ms. Wilde's interpretation.

I could be a morning person if morning happened at noon.

No lies detected.

Had to smile how they had to use a whole table to hide the pregnancy bump instead of that dog!