Poldark : BOND ROLE

Re: BOND ROLE

diverdiva, did you see Aidan in And Then There Were None? I wasn't so sure about him as Bond either although I was never averse to the idea, but after seeing him in that tux and the other classy 30s styles, I became convinced he could do it. Whether he ever does, of course, is the question. But check this out if you haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-TalVHo-U0. It just might change your mind.

"How was the war, sir?"
"As any war, ma'am, a waste of good men." (Poldark)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/43122/daniel-craig-turns-down-new-bond-deal

The search is on...seems to be definite Daniel will not return as James Bond.I was kind of hoping he would do one more. I can see Aidan in the role though if these "talks" happened then I guess we will see.

And again, the article mentions Aidan as one of the possible replacements. It must be pretty exciting for him to even be considered for such a well-known franchise as that. And it would be very lucrative, apparently. I wish him well.

"How was the war, sir?"

According to the press Tom Hiddleston has it in the bag, also I won't believe anything to its officially announced, its just basically Newspaper stories at the moment, hoping Craig does one more.

Wondering what you mean by "the press." All the articles I've seen mention several guys, not just Tom. Of course, I'm not exactly obsessing over this subject other than when someone posts something about it, but I'm still curious. Got any links to articles? Why would Aidan come all the way to LA if Tom has it "in the bag"?

"How was the war, sir?"

There have been a few articles very recently saying things like he is a frontrunner. He has met with the owners of the franchise. But again it is just press or the media saying that. I don't think its for sure at all but he has been mentioned as the frontrunner...not that that always means much in todays world. He was on the Graham Norton show recently and when Graham asked him about it, he got all smiley and giggly and almost like he was trying to hide something. He obviously wants the role. But I don't think any real decision has been made and if it has, then they haven't announced it yet. I will believe it only when I hear it for sure.

Well the bookies have suspended all odds on him

Who? And what does that mean? Are they betting against Aidan, for Hiddleston, or what? Sorry, not familiar with betting terminology.

"How was the war, sir?"

Sorry, it means so many have put money on Hiddleston that if he does get it they will have to pay out a lot of money so they froze the betting on him x, hope that's a bit clearer

Oh, thanks! The things people bet on. LOL After all, anything could happen.

"How was the war, sir?"

This came out yesterday...not sure just how much truth is behind it but we shall see:

http://www.movienewsguide.com/james-bond-aidan-turner-tom-hiddleston-others-final-list-contenders-role/213797

Me, too. Nothing's set in stone or we would have heard something official. It is possible, I suppose, that with the Poldark schedule, they wouldn't be able to fit Aidan in for a Bond film even if they wanted him. Hard to say at this point. Of course, Poldark will be finished in a few years. After that, anything is possible.

"How was the war, sir?"

Re: BOND ROLE-Aidan New Favorite for Bond

Not sure how legit this article is but there you go or if it means anything:

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/06/aidan-turner-now-reportedly-favourite-for-next-james-bond/

We shall see!

Well, it took forever for that site to load, but it was definitely worth it! Thank you! I just think it's so great that people making these movies think so highly of him. As well they should. If I'm anything like a lot of people, Aidan certainly wouldn't have to drag me kicking and screaming to the theater to see him as Bond! In fact, I can imagine I might even go more than once! And tell my friends. LOL That ought to be worth something. 😄

"How was the war, sir?"

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/04/the-next-james-bond-will-be-revealed-very-very-soon-and-aidan-turner-is-the-favourite-again-5923473/

Well this article should load quicker. I never could get the other one to finish loading and couldn't finish reading it. This one may say the same thing. I just hope and pray if he does get it, he will still be able to do more Poldark. I think they could make the schedules work. But things have a way of changing at the last minute too. You never know with these things.

Ah, I see you found yet another. There are tons of these articles all of a sudden! I have one thing to say about the one you posted here: Damian Lewis? Oh puhleeze. LOL

(Edit: I had mistakenly put Michael Fassbender's name instead of Damian Lewis in the line above.)

"How was the war, sir?"

As a Bond fanatic I would love Fassbender to have the part, one of the best actors around at the moment.

Ooops, I meant Damian Lewis. They didn't have the names with those pictures in a way I could match them correctly. Sorry about that. Yes, Fassbender might be just fine especially if, as you say, he's such a good actor. But after having seen the most recent version of The Forsyte Saga a while back, I just can't imagine Damian Lewis as James Bond.

"How was the war, sir?"

I agree with that,though they reckon he was very good in Homeland and the new one Billions

Damian Lewis was excellent in Homeland. To be honest, when Brody was killed, I was a bit hesitant about whether I would watch subsequent series; I have, but it's not quite the same without Brody. I'm not sure about him as Bond though - but then, I couldn't imagine Daniel Craig as Bond either, but he certainly won me over minutes into his first stint as 007 😄

I don't think he is little sue. I read a few articles last night where DC turned down a ton of money and it looks like he is done. I was hoping too. He was my favorite JB. I read too that Tom H may very well be the frontrunner but right now until I read it being official, it is all heresay to me for now.

Do hope Aidan gets the part of Bond. Couldn't stand Daniel Craig, and the other contenders are Blah!!

I think Aidan would be a most excellent Bond and of the others in the running, Michael Fassbender would also be excellent. He can be sexy and ruthless at the same time! Tom Hiddleston doesn't really do it for me. I like him as an actor but the recent news that he is dating Taylor Swift makes you wonder if the relationship will be more of a detriment to his consideration for this role. He's going to be hounded by the paps and scrutinized for every single thing he does while he's with Taylor.

I used to think that Sean Connery was my favorite Bond. Then came along Daniel Craig and though I wasn't keen on him in the beginning, he is now my favorite. Though the role brings lots of fame and fortune, I think it may limit an actors ability to do other work - that is, at least while being Bond. I would guess that's because the shooting schedule is so intense. DC did such a great job and is so well liked in the role, I'm really curious as to why he doesn't want to do it anymore, given the apparently huge amounts of money being offered to him. Maybe he and his wife want to have a family and for whatever reason, the job got in the way of that. I'm sure if he wanted to sail off into the sunset and never work again, he's been compensated well enough that he could live comfortably for the rest of his life!

Agree with everything you say here. Craig a 21st century Bond. Doubt he and is wife will start a family as she is mid 40's. She working constantly, maybe he doesn't want to go through the gruelling physical challenges it has.

Wow, it looks like he's chosen Poldark over Bond: http://www.contactmusic.com/aidan-turner/news/aidan-turner-picks-poldark-over-bond-as-bbc-confirms-third-series_5312984

I actually think he made the right choice. Ross Poldark is a much more meaty role for him and will give us hours of viewing pleasure we wouldn't have with occasional Bond films.

"How was the war, sir?"

He has obviously been told he is out of the running for Bond, sure no British actor on his level would turn it down if he was offered it. Still like you say, it means we see more of him

And it's never too late. Once he's finished with Poldark, he'll still be only 38 or so, so he could still take on the role if he wanted it and if they wanted him.

"How was the war, sir?"