BritComs : Keeping up appearances

Keeping up appearances

I love this show. She always gets caught in her own vanity. She's so funny.

Making it in N.Y.C. By Norma Padro - http://amzn.com/B006X3G18S

Re: Keeping up appearances

Hyacinth annoys me to know end,but I get a real kick out the family she's so ashamed of,esp Onslow.
PBS has been running this show for years and years. I wish they would give it a rest and give us a chance to see some of the other Britcoms I've heard so much about.

I second that feeling. In fact, I've given up on PBS and have been searching out my own classic and contemporary Britcoms by means fair or foul. KuA and AYBS are good laughs but they're hardly the pinnacle of British humour. It's so much better to rest a show for two or three years minimally and expose the viewers to lesser-known comedies.

Eeek!!! I'm getting dressed.

Hyacinth annoys me to know end,but I get a real kick out the family she's so ashamed of,esp Onslow.

Pretty sure that's the way we are supposed to react to Hyacinth and her family.
Fun to watch ! Agree that we could use a look at some of the other shows that PBS used to be able to run.

Something I've always wondered -- how did Richard pronounce his name before he met Hyacinth?

I would think he pronounced it the same way everone else does Buck-et!
repeat to yourself it's just a show you should really just relax.

It's the Boo-Kay residence - the Lady of the house speaking!

SkiesAreBlue

I'm not sure which episode it was from, but Richard did tell Hyacinth it was pronounced Buck-et, before they were married and his family pronounced it as buck-et.

We never saw anything of Richard's family. That would have been one hell of an episode with the collision of the Boo-Kay's and the Buck-et's:-)

SkiesAreBlue

They didn't show any of his family. He only mentioned that his name was pronounced Buck-et before they were married.

I saw that episode last night. It is the one where Richard and Hyacinth drive into the countryside and Richard has to wipe the muck off the windscreen.

Strangely enough I saw an episode last night where Richard says it was always was 'bucket' (rhymes with Nantucket) before I met you. Of course Hyacinth doesn't take any notice of Richard's protest.

One of my favorite brit-coms.

Intelligence and purity.

I love this show to a big Fave of mine :)

I also love this show, even today. Pleasant mellow escapism. Patricia Routledge was just brilliant at everything she did.

It is my favourite sitcom of all time. It is being run on Yesterday channel at times presently and I can't resist watching it.