Fantasy : The Chronicles of Prydain

The Chronicles of Prydain

Someone's GOTTA adapt this series for the big screen eventually... right?

Re: The Chronicles of Prydain

Another fantasy series aimed squarely at kids. I doubt it will happen.

I'd hardly say 'squarely' -- it's more of a happy medium between Narnia and Middle-Earth.

I know. It NEEDS to happen.

"Fabulous"-Rarity (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic)

The Black Cauldron was already made, it failed.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088814/

Disney still owns rights to series. The books still sell well today. I would bet there will be something eventually. They need stick to the books next time though, people love them and will reject a movie that is nothing like book.

I know about The Black Cauldron and that it didn't do well. A remake needs to happen.

"Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown"

The series is pretty generic and a little bit naïve. Fantasy has kind of moved on from that formulaic, overused story arc. OTOH, since a lot of movies are still using generic naïve plot formulas, maybe it could work.

Agreed! It's my favourite series!

Well the books was far better than the Narnia series. As fantasy for children, I think it was the best for its time.

Unfortunately for me, the translator botched the job and named the first book from The Book of Three, which is not really translatable to the equivalent of Taran and the magic Pig (I'm not kidding). Which, of course meant nobody here in Norway would read it.

It`s far easier to start a war than to end one.

Well the books was far better than the Narnia series. As fantasy for children, I thin it was the best for its time.

Unfortunately for me, the translator botched the job and named the first book from The Book of Three, which is not really translatable to the equivalent of Taran and the magic Pig (I'm not kidding). Which, of course meant nobody here in Norway would read it.

That's just... tragic. It does explain why I never even heard of it, growing up. The Norwegian title, that is.

The same unimaginative brain process which possessed some guy or other (maybe the same one) to translate "You Only Live Twice" to the Norwegian equivalent of "James Bond in Japan".