The End of the Tour : Talk about Oscar snubs!

Talk about Oscar snubs!

Jason Segel was a revelation as David Foster Wallace. And this is being totally objective because I've never been a big fan. His performance is as good as an actor can do. He thoroughly deserved a nomination.

Re: Talk about Oscar snubs!

Agreed.
Unlike many people, I actually had faith in the Oscars until a few years ago, and it's only gotten worse and worse.
I just don't give a f--k about 60 year old dudes' opinions about the supposed "best" movies and performances anymore.
They are going to give an Oscar to Leo for something that was probably his fourth or fifth best work in a film.
....and Brooklyn has a "best film" nomination-- a film that should have been released last March then forgotten about

The Academy has stuffed up badly over the years, even though it's all very subjective. But in Hollywood there is always a political or politically correct angle. Brando called giving awards for 'the best' 'a sickness.' But if you remember the footage of 1955 he ran up the aisle to get his first Oscar. The Oscars will always be prestigious, and you're right, people forget in a few days after they are handed out, but James Lipton seems to like them. It's a two edged sword, like the one Oscar himself carries.I think if an actor receives one over a great career it's probably more deserved than idiots voting any particular year. That why they gave one to Henry Fonda before he died and to Paul Newman for an okay film to say sorry we didn't give it to you for Cool Hand Luke or Hud.

I actually thought Brooklyn was the best film of 2015.

Remember, the pretentious POS Crash won Best Picture.