The End of the Tour : Snubbed for the Golden Globes

Snubbed for the Golden Globes

This was, by far, my favorite movie this year, and Jason Segel was INCREDIBLE as David Foster Wallace. So I was really upset when it didn't garner any Golden Globe nominations for ANYTHING. I really think Jason Segel deserved at least a nod for his amazing performance.

"One man's mundane and desperate existence is another man's technicolor"
-STRANGE DAYS

Re: Snubbed for the Golden Globes

I think so as well. Jason Segel was very good. I think this movie was released a bit early to be in the nominations for the award season.

This was, by far, my favorite movie this year, and Jason Segel was INCREDIBLE as David Foster Wallace.

Agreed 100%.

I want to say, "what do you expect in a nation where George W. Bush was re-elected and Donald Trump is wildly popular?" but then I consider that a lot of the Golden Globes is based on international appeal.
Dude... it's f--ed.

looking at the nominees....
Stallone for best supporting actor in the most overrated film of the year
and that boring, formulaic dogsh-- movie "The Martian"
Pure bu11$hit

The golden globes are much more pop-culture oritented than the oscars. I bet this will get a "best adapted screenplay" nom, but that's it. Really wish Segel would get a nod though.

I agree. He was so great I felt like I was meeting someone for the first time and I really liked him, if that makes since. He really became someone else, but I can't say he became David Foster Wallace because I have never watched an interview or anything. I didn't want to until after I watched the movie.