The End of the Tour : A movie that cashes in on a book that cashes in

A movie that cashes in on a book that cashes in

on another book that most people haven't read but have heard is cool/important. What's not to love?

In all seriousness, I just don't see the point.

Re: A movie that cashes in on a book that cashes in

According to the reviews is a really good movie with good performances.

Maybe I misunderstood your post, but was your not seeing the point meant to be a criticism of a movie you presumably have not seen but heard is cool/important?

I see what you did there.

My point is that the movie is conceptually flawed and cheaply exploitative. The content is irrelevant.

Have you seen it?

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

You don't see the point?

Some artists wanted to share a story they like. People with money agreed the film had potential to return their investment. Now it's a movie, you watch it to experience the story the film makers wanted to share. It's entertaining and maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

I read the book. The movie adapts it nicely, although they just sort of quickly breeze past the key phrase that gave the book its title. I rented the DVD but will probably buy it.

I suppose that makes me the exception that proves the rule? Alternately, it may be that your theory is based on a flawed assumption.

Did you read both books or just the one?

Watch the movie, read the book, then get back to us with an informed opinion. Otherwise what's the point?