Children and Family Films : What children's film scared you?

What children's film scared you?

I'm studying a-level film studies and as a part of my coursework I would like to know if there is a particular children's movie that scared, or still scares you. What characters? Why?
I look forward to your responses. THANK YOU!

Re: What children's film scared you?

The Gmork from The Neverending Story.

Lampwick's transformation in Pinocchio is chilling.

Straightedge means I'm better than you.

Ernest scared stupid used to freak me out because of the troll that was in it.
http://www.christmasmovieclassics.com

There's this very bizarre East German fairy tale style film called The Singing Ringing Tree, which has garnered something of a cult following after a version with English language narration was shown on Western TV as a mini-series. Some parts in the film, whether intentionally scary (the evil dwarf) or unintentionally (THAT friggin' giant goldfish, which is supposed to be cute, I guess, but it just looks like the kind of hideous abomination that H.P. Lovecraft would have nightmares about), have scarred a generation of kids.

For a more mainstream example, I'd say Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit certainly qualifies. Even more so at the end. When he removes his fake eyes and reveals a set of cartoon eyes, and thus a toon, he looks scary enough. But then he starts screaming to Bob Hoskins in an increasingly high pitched voice: ("Remember me Eddie, when I killed your brother! I TAAALKED JUUUSSST LIIIIKE THIIIIISSSSS!!!!"), he becomes terrifying even into adulthood.

"Civilization is like a thin layer of ice upon a deep ocean of chaos and darkness."

The Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang--a creepy, ratfaced character who used candy to entice unsuspecting children into his dog-catcher-like wagon, then carted them off to imprisonment in a dungeon. And this was
in a kids' film.

I'm not crying, you fool, I'm laughing!

Hewwo.

All Dogs Go to Heaven. It's dark atmosphere was creepy. Especially Charlie's nightmare of Hell.

"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died"-American Graffiti

*The scene in Pinocchio where the kids were turned into donkeys.
*The scene from The Little Mermaid where Ursula turns into a giant.

Re: What Children's Film Scared You?

Alice in Wonderland (1985)- The Jabberwocky
The Wizard of Oz (1939)- The Wicked Witch of the West
Ian Fleming's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968)- The Child Catcher
Hansel and Gretel (1987)- The witch
Labyrinth (1986)- When Sarah checks on Toby, after making her wish. (The first time I saw it, I ran out the room. I didn't want to see what was under the covers.)
Hocus Pocus (1993)- When the witches break into Max's house and surprise him in his bedroom.

Volker Flenske: (While torturing David) I don't know why you're doing this to yourself!

Coraline freaked me out, with the whole buttons for eyes thing.

Little mermaid
Alice in wonderland
Hocus pocus