Children and Family Films : Disney Sidekicks

Disney Sidekicks

Both good guys and bad guys in Disney movies often have sidekicks, characters who exist mainly as a sort of shadow/helper/commentator to the main character. Which do you think are the cutest/most annoying/most effective? My favourite evil sidekicks are the jackals in The Lion King, especially as they end up getting their own back on their master. Cutest sidekick: Abu? Most annoying sidekick: Mushu.

Re: Disney Sidekicks

My favourite sidekicks are the mice in Cinderella. Of more recent features, I liked Lucky Jack in Home on the Range.

On the villainous side, Cruella's hirlings Horace and Jasper in One Hundred and One Dalmatians and Fidget, who toiled for Professor Ratigan in The Great Mouse Detective stand out.

I agree that Mushu was annoying. I think it's a regrettable trend in sidekicks. Irritation is being confused with humour.

"Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency."

I love Horace and Jasper too. It's time I watched The Great Mouse Detective!

1. The Mice in Cinderella
2. Horace and Jasper
3. Fidget
4. Timon and Pumba
5. Abu
6. Sebastian
7. Thumper
8. Jiminy Cricket
9. Dinky and Boomer
10. Little John

"Life after death is as improbable as sex after marriage"- Madeleine Kahn(CLUE, 1985)

Timon & Pumbaa (namely Timon for me)

"You will not forget this devil's power....AND YOU ARE NOT WORTHY AS MY OPPONENT"

My favorite sidekicks are Mittens and Rhino.

Melman: [as the plane is going down] I love you, Gloria! I always have!

Oh! They are cute aren't they?
It was Timon's character that drew me to the pair

"You will not forget this devil's power....AND YOU ARE NOT WORTHY AS MY OPPONENT"

Abu
Horace & Jasper
Timon & Pumbaa
Mushu
Sebastian
Fidget
Thumper
Meeko
The hyenas (those were hyenas, not jackals)

I am sure you mean hyenas, other then Scar, Ursula, and Jafar are the only ones that i am aware of villains have a sidekick cause most often it was heros or heroines that had sidekicks let's see how many I can come up with

Abu
Mushu
Rhino
Timon
Pumbaa
Iago
Olaf