Children and Family Films : Which Disney death is the most significant from your Disney experience?

Which Disney death is the most significant from your Disney experience?

For me, the two Disney films I grew up with as a kid was "Snow White" and "Lion King". And of the two, Mufasa's death scene in "Lion King" was the most significant of the Disney deaths.

Re: Which Disney death is the most significant from your Disney experience?

lol it's not just you: my kids endlessly went 'Scar! Brother! Help me!'...'Long live the king!' over the back of the sofa.

Re: Which Disney death is the most significant from your Disney experie

In all honesty people that answer this question can only be on of two groups.

a) Those who answered "Old Yeller"

b) Those who haven't seen or don't remember "Old Yeller"

It's probably between 'The Lion King' and 'The Fox and the Hound'. I was teary-eyed at both and I can't even look at the latter film any more, especially since the whole storyline is sad.

The death scene in 'Bambi' went over my head as a child, purely because I think I watched it when I was too young. I just thought he had to go live with his dad for a while!

"I always pretend to root for Gryffindors but, secretly, I love my Slytherin boys."~ Karen, W&G

For me 'THe Fox and the Hound' has to be one of the saddest Disney films ever. Although 'The Lion King' is definately up there with it.

Probably Old Yeller I was really little the first time I saw Bambi and it didn't leave that big of an impact.

The Horned King's Death in Black Cauldron gave me nightmares. But I have to go for first place with Bambi's mother's death, closely followed by Mufassa's. Both are genuine tearkjerkers.

"Life after death is as improbable as sex after marriage"- Madeleine Kahn(CLUE, 1985)

I've seen pretty much all of them from my generation, but the core Disney animated movies that I personally grew up with are The Lion King, Toy Story, A Goofy Movie, and Aladdin. From these, the only significant death was Mufasa's and thus, it gets my vote. When I think about it, it may have been a contributing factor to my general distrust of anyone around me. I mean, not only did Mufasa's death have no competition (as I didn't 'grow up with' other Disney films which feature the death of an important character), but the cause was a betrayal by his own brother

"You will not forget this devil's power....AND YOU ARE NOT WORTHY AS MY OPPONENT"

Bambi's mothers death was just dreadful.

I was really young, but really distraught about that *sobs*

Didn't Mr. Disney only die once? Or did they bring him out of suspended animation, show him "Home on the Range", and then he died again?

"Professor Marvel never guesses - he knows!"

For some reason, the death of Bambi's mother had no effect on me. I saw it in the mid fifties when I was around eight or nine.

The death of the Witch in Snow White scared the bejesus out of me.

The death of Old Yeller was close to traumatic because I was still very young at the time and had never seen a dog put to death in a movie. I kept thinking that it was just a trick and the dog would bounce back into the movie.

As an adult, I was completely surprised at the death of Muphasa in The Lion King, the closest Disney ever came to making a film of Shakespearian proportions. That was some pretty heavy material for small children to take in.

To God There Is No Zero. I Still Exist.

Old Yellow hands down saw it at age 9 or so, cried my eyes out.. As a life time animal lover watching a dog save his owners life then getting rabies, and the boy needing to kill him was very sad for me, and still will not watch that movie know at age 32, Bambi was also really sad, i probably seen it at 6 or so, i think it was my first movie i saw with an animals mom dying, Land before Time was also a sad movie, for those who seen it

Old yeller

and i know its not a disney movie, but Where the Red Fern Grows was a sad one too.

Probably Kerchack's death in Tarzan.

"Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity" - Gandalf

Re: Which Disney death is the most significant from your Disney experien

Probably Mufasa's death, from The Lion King (1994).

Volker Flenske: (While torturing David) I don't know why you're doing this to yourself!

Re: Which Disney death is the most significant from your Disney experien

Old Yeller. Also, not a Disney movie but Littlefoot's mother's death scene in The Land Before Time still gets to me.