Film Noir : Hiya Gang

Hiya Gang

I'm back among the living! Was very ill for a while and spent time in hospital. On the mend now and looking forward to a quiet Xmas at home. Wishing you all a happy Xmas and I look forward to chatting with yous in the New Year.

The Spikeopath - Hospital Number 217

Re: Hiya Gang

Welcome back, and it's good to hear of your health improving. You were missed by many, and your sudden disappearance was quite a mystery.

🎄

I went for a blood test at my doctors and two hours later I was in hospital, ambulance straight from the doctors, so I didn't have chance to go home or anything. My brother had to buy me clothes and stuff for my stay in the hossie!!!

Thanks for the welcome back.

Spike, you're back!
Many people have been wondering where you were, and a few PM'd you, myself included. Glad you're doing better. Don't take off again.

Jessica Rabbit
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."

No messages in my box now, I had no computer access for ages. Thank you for writing though. I'll do my best to not take off again.

No, it was a while ago, while you were gone. They get deleted after a while.

Jessica Rabbit
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."

Wow Spike - I hadn't see you on the Classic Film board for awhile and wondered about that; glad you're recovering.

"Life is a scam" - Steve McQueen

Hello buddy, thank you

Hi Spike! it is awesome to hear from you again,I'm really sorry to hear about the illness,and I hope that you and your family have a happy X-Mas (with maybe a viewing of the jolly Blast of Silence to mark the season

Thanks for the kind words Doc, and yes, BOS a must, one of the greatest Xmas movies ever - for us Noir nutters that is

You and yours have a great one chap.

Re: Hiya back!

Spike! Nice to see you back!

Have yourself a very Merry Christmas. Good to know that you're feeling better.

How's your mother, by the way?

~~~~~
Jim Hutton (1934-79) & Ellery Queen =

Hiya Ells, thanks for the kind words. Mom is ok, not much trouble now she's on some serious calming medication.

Have a great holiday time of things

By the way, I saw several films for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if you were the one who recommended them to me? I know that I heard about those films either on this board or on the CFB:

The Murder Man (1935 whodunit)

Uncle Silas a.k.a. The Inheritance (1940s British gothic thriller)

A Time to Love and a Time to Die (heartbreaking war film)

If you recommended any of those, thank you! I really enjoyed all three of them.

~~~~~

Uncle Silas was me

Thank you VERY much, Spike! Much appreciated.

I saw some comments where people are saying that the actors overacted and that the film is full of cliches. The overacting made the characters more interesting (although in other films I prefer the subtle touch), and when I watch thrillers, I expect to see certain cliches (like the isolated mansion, etc.).

By the way, after a two-year hiatus, I finally got the whodunit threads going again. Feel free to join in whenever you wish.

~~~~~

Merry Christmas!

Cheers CJ. Thanks for keeping the Neo thread alive, we will see about getting a new one up in the new year, Quest 3.

Great to see ya' back, dude.

Hello stranger!

Good to see you back Spike, been wondering where you had gone. Sorry to hear you've not been well. I hope you are on the mend now.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Maddy

Go to bed Frank or this is going to get ugly .

Thanks mate. Seasons best to you and all you hold dear.

Welcome back!!!!

Good wishes to Spike and everyone else! It is snowing to beat the band here! Not even going to try and dig the car out.

Re: Welcome back!!!!

Spike, it's great to see you back and find out that you're doing well. Best wishes for the holidays.

Cheers mate, enjoy the hols and look forward to chatting with you about some noirs as I got a load to get through now!!!

welcome back, spike. missed you on the cricket threads as well.

I get melancholy if I don't write. I need the company of people who don't exist

Cheers Pimps

Welcome back, Spike -- wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.

Take 'em to Missouri

Same to you mate