Film Noir : Message Board Announcement

Message Board Announcement

OK boys, what now? What are we going to do? Is there a board we can collectively migrate to?

Jessica Rabbit
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."

Re: Message Board Announcement

Hi Jess,

I'm pretty shocked and annoyed by this announcement. I'd love to keep in touch with the Noir gang here. Are there any Noir film sites out there we could move to?

I can't begin to describe how much I love reading the weekly reviews on this board. You guys have introduced me to some amazing Noir films that I probably never would have seen otherwise; thank you all so much for making this such a terrific board.

Go to bed Frank or this is going to get ugly .

Hi Maddy, I am pretty shocked too but not surprised. With all the trolling that's been going on, thankfully not here!, it doesn't come as a surprise. Truly, the CFB has been awful for quite a while.

I used to love the CFB because I learned so much and got so much information from amazingly knowledgeable posters, but I think the Noir board is/was really great. I feel as if I have been kicked out on the street with no place to go. I am homeless now.

Let's all try to stay in touch. Whoever wants to can PM his email.

Unfortunately I don't know of any really good film board, but whoever has good suggestions, let us know.

Jessica Rabbit

Would like to know what caused this. Maybe they're afraid it's become too much like Reddit. They should have killed the politics board a long time ago as well as a few others they have under "General Boards." Anyway, seems a bit reactionary.

Over on the CFB everybody is speculating what caused this, I don't know, I just know the trolling has completely got out of hand. I agree, the Politics board was probably one of the worst offenders.

Jessica Rabbit

Hi Jess,reading the other boards I think a Noir thread could be started on reddit. For the first stage of transferring everyone to a new board,I think it would be good to exchanges E-Mail addresses as a contact backup.

Yes, exchanging email addresses is the way to go.

Jessica Rabbit

Agree about emails.

But we should also try and list Site suggestions, we got two weeks to search.

is your avatar Capucine?!😘

I come to the Film Noir boards just in time for them to shut it down.

I'll have to do some mad c&p to get all of the recommendations that I took for granted to lingering indefinitely. Thanks for it all guys.

Damion Crowley
Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you.--R.E.

the indian cinema board has started a board on reddit.

I get melancholy if I don't write. I need the company of people who don't exist.

how about creating a group on goodreads where we discuss both noir movies and crime thriller novels?

I get melancholy if I don't write. I need the company of people who don't exist.

Never thought about goodreads, might be worth checking out.

Jessica Rabbit

IMDb clone

IMDB clone check it out

http://imdb2.freeforums.net/

Re: IMDb clone

I think that looks quite good, it seems some people already signed up.

Jessica Rabbit

Sorry for the silence on my part. I was out of the country last week, and kept a low profile (altho I did see all the threads here). Quite a shock! I hope we can continue to keep this little part of IMDb going, albeit elsewhere... I visit this board every day, and I love the contributions and suggestions and reviews etc (and the friendly and respectful atmosphere!)... It would be sad to see all that gone.

I've signed up on the imdb2 boards for now (it seems the most active of all suggested alternatives so far)... But I'll gladly move on to whichever forum 'we' decide upon.

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?board=11.0

On the off-topic section there's a stick of a database of Noir movie threads where there's discussion. It's a tight knit but not cliquey community that could use some noir heads for a lack of a better phrase.

Agree, we could use all of you, among our members we have a film maker from France, noodles_leone, mike siegel a german documentary maker http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1964589/, titoli, an acerbic Roman cineaste, and dave jenkins a japanese film expert originally from Seattle and all around crumudgeon, we have members from Finland to Arizona to Croatia to Brooklyn, it's a good mix.

We were wondering where you were hiding. :)

Jessica Rabbit

We were wondering where you were hiding. :)

In France :)

Were you going on a tour of Rififi locations?

Hahaha no... But that is not a bad idea for another time, take a noir tour of Paris. Thanks for the suggestion 👍