Star Wars: The Force Awakens : Why do robots speak in "beep bop" but C3PO always speaks english.

Why do robots speak in "beep bop" but C3PO always speaks english.

Everyone has to learn to speak "beep bop" to understand robots but robots never are taught english?

My pee tastes like toast

Re: Why do robots speak in "beep bop" but C3PO always speaks english.

he's a protocol droid, meant for translating for politicians and whatnot.

imo

meant for translating for politicians and whatnot.

Yet almost always speaks english, but the main point is why dont they teach all the other droids english? and not beepbop...

My pee tastes like toast

As Sarah pointed out, Droids serve different purposes. EV-9D9 in Episode 6 could talk too.

As Sarah pointed out, Droids serve different purposes.

That doesnt mean everyone would have to learn beep bop, when you could just program the robot. The can still beep other robots if they had to (even tho they could have a simple radio signal do it)

My pee tastes like toast

That doesnt mean everyone would have to learn beep bop

I didn't say otherwise. Luke didn't know Binary in Episode 4 - C3PO had to translate what R2 said for him. In Episode 5, he only knew what R2 said due to the translator within the controls of his X-Wing. Same with Episode 6.

It's less annoying to their owners. Imagine having servants yack around you all day.

C3PO was allowed to speak.

It's less annoying to their owners. Imagine having servants yack around you all day.

Most people really hate type of noise kids with games etc. Robots could speak it to each other or do it with radio waves better than annoying noise all the time

My pee tastes like toast

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Artoo is basically an engine component/repair system. Why make a droid talk when it would mostly just talk to other computers.

Besides; most people in SW treat droids like walking tech anyhow. Unless your last name is Skywalker of course... then your droid is your best bud'.

"I can't read peoples' minds, I'm not a Jedi!" Lucifer Morningstar

why dont they teach all the other droids english?

Money. It would cost more to program them to speak Galactic Basic (that's what they call English in Star Wars). Its cheaper to have them just use code.

Plus this bit here:

Artoo is basically an engine component/repair system. Why make a droid talk when it would mostly just talk to other computers?

Exactly. Like I said, having maintenance droids speak would raise the cost of manufacture and wouldn't be needed for their function anyway.

I prefer it when Siri doesn't speak but instead gives feedback in beeps.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.