Star Wars: The Force Awakens : Ben the retarded Jedi?

Ben the retarded Jedi?

Did Ben ride the short bus to jedi school? Seems really crap and also dumb
Cant sense solo, can sense she was a jedi/his cousin
Nearly got defeated by a normal person who never used a light saber before
Got beaten by a person who never used a light saber before
Didnt just freeze her allowing himself to be cut.

But off course he managed to slaughter all the toher jedis and luke was lucky to escape with his life

My pee tastes like toast

Re: Ben the retarded Jedi?

Did Ben ride the short bus to jedi school?

Nearly got defeated by a normal person who never used a light saber before
Got beaten by a person who never used a light saber before
Didnt just freeze her allowing himself to be cut.

I think all of those had more to do with the fact that he'd been shot in the side by an extremely powerful weapon. Why do people keep forgetting that?

Why do people keep forgetting that?
Because it makes too much sense.

I think all of those had more to do with the fact that he'd been shot in the side by an extremely powerful weapon. Why do people keep forgetting that?

Because some viewers were perceptive enough to realize that Kylo being wounded had zero impact on the duel until Rey got her Force power up. Why do people keep forgetting or ignoring that?

"Silly TFA apologists!" = 🙉🙈🙊

Easier to move the goalposts, or change the subject, do some factual minimizing and exaggeration, then go into full 🙈🙉🙊 mode.

Take evasive action! Green group, stick close to holding section MV-7!

Why do people keep forgetting that?
Because the film shows the contrary and even the filmmakers state that Rey's Girl-power-up moment was what defeated the EmoRen. It was the point of it all.

Why can you not get points, why are you not able to understand kiddy movie...?

de gustibus non est disputandum

with the fact that he'd been shot

So being shot means he cant think and use the powers he just used after being shot?

Also he should not have been shot.

My pee tastes like toast

But he was shot, and he was getting weaker during the fight. Then Rey went ballistic and kicked his ass. It is literally what happens in the fücking movie.

Watch the scene again. He was fine until Rey hears 'The Force' from Kylo, then she has her special moment and downloads skill from the force.

Ok. I just watched the scene again. He's in pain, pissed off and bleeding at the start of the scene. He is not "fine."

See...🙈🙉🙊. Bit of goalpost nudging as well.

At what point in the scene, prior to Rey's power up, is he physically impaired by his injury? Is his range of motion limited? Are his swings and offensive attacks weak? Does he look tired? In fact the scene depicts Kylo as being completely in control of the fight prior to Rey's force-magic-powerup, does it not?

You don't see him bleeding? Yes, he looks tired and pissed to me.
He seems to get worn down during the fight. Finn even manages to hit Kylo, which causes some injury. Much of the fight with Rey involves chasing her around. Yes, the "Force" moment causes Rey to unleash hell on him, but he sure as hell was not fine until that moment.

You don't see anything wrong at all with "The Force" moment? Is that how it works?
Why didn't Luke just stop for a moment and contemplate "The Force" in ESB then whup up on Vader?

I've watched that scene about 6 times in the last two weeks due to Jobo. You must have seen an edited version. Kylo is unimpeded by his injuries and is clearly the skilled aggressor during the first half of the sequence.

Put the movie away for a year or so, then watch it again with a more open mind.

What if we can't even get past the rathtar scene without shutting it off?

I skipped months in between watching that duel again. Same thing. Kylo's injury had no impact on his duel with Rey, except after the Rey power up. Not once did Kylo:

- breathe heavily as if he were tired
- break his form as if he were getting sloppy
- slow down
- pause and wince
- act as if he was losing his concentration or focus
- allow Rey to land a successful attack
- fail at deciphering Rey's technique or defenses
- grimace or vocalize the adverse affects of pain*
- *compare Luke's scream when Vader cut his hand off
- *compare Vader's yells when Luke shot steam in his mask
- *compare that to when Luke struck him in the shoulder

I welcome you to tell me when in that duel (before Rey's power up) was Kylo guilty of one of those things I listed.

*But Kylo hasn't received much training (according to TFA apologists). Kylo didn't even yell when he got shot by Chewbacca's bowcaster! So Kylo got shot in the gut and struck in the shoulder like Vader! But the unstable spoiled brat with little training has more restraint and focus than Vader? (Aren't his unstable brattiness and lack of training supposed to contribute to him always losing to Rey?).

I will give Abrams credit for this. He wrote and directed a movie in such a way that it so strongly appealed to a majority of people's nostalgic emotions that they gladly overlooked bad writing and directing, sometimes grossly bad writing.

You can clearly see that Kylo ren is in discomfort before and during the dual, he thumps on the wound multiple times and is bleeding heavily, he is wounded , and like Luke, on discovering the force Rey gets stronger with it as time goes by , Kylo ren is still an apprentice yet to complete his training. Why is is it so hard for you prequel lovers to understand this ?

Watch it again. When he fights Rey, he's completely on the offensive, and having zero issues toying with her. He shows no signs of impeded movement or strength.

Kylo Ren has had umpteen years of training while Rey has had none. EVEN IF she had training as a 5 year old, that training went without reinforcement for those same umpteen years AFTER Kylo and his nights humiliated the all powerful Luke. So how does him being an apprentice, with an injury that doesn't seem to bother him, make him LESS of a match for a girl with zero experience using both the force, and a light sabre? We're also ignoring the clear physical advantage that Kylo has over Rey.

Your assuming too much , we don't know how much training Kylo ren has had , we know he is yet to complete his training , we do t know that he confronted Luke either nor the power of the apprentices he slaughtered , he also had the knights of ren to assist in the slaughtering, yes he is on the offensive but it's clear to see that he is weakened due to his injuries, this is made clear I the film when you see the blood on the floor , even Finn gave him a run for his money.

We don't know who Rey is , Luke was pretty handy with the force In a similar time span than Rey , used the force to blow up the Death Star.

Absolutely wrong on all fronts and it's all been covered before...Go research the scenes and try again.

Luke was pretty handy with the force In a similar time span than Rey , used the force to blow up the Death Star.

So misleading, this statement could very easily be called 'false' or 'wrong'.

By the end of ANH, Luke had performed 1 feat with the Force: foresaw the probe's shots and blocked them. And he did this after several attempts and a good amount of training, clarification, practice and coaching under the direct tutelage of one of the most powerful Jedi in generations.

Rey successfully used the Jedi Mind trick twice (Unlike me, drop your weapon) and made the lightsaber fly dozens of feet directly into her hands without any effort displayed at all. These were things Luke wasn't able to do until after considerable time, practice and training.

They were NOT similar at all.

Luke did NOT destroy the Death Star with the Force. What he did with the Death Star was trust his natural instincts to aim his shot. The Death Star was destroyed because a torpedo blew up in its reactor. Luke could have made that shot without the Force (as Red Leader nearly did) as he had been attempting shots like that for some time without deliberately tapping the Force.

--End Transmission: Code 350--

Styles77 is guilty as charged.
👇
🙈

dude, Jobo is just a mad fanboy troll hardly worth subjecting oneself to watching this turd again.

Indeed, Kylo is unimpeded by his injuries and the filmmaker too confirmed that Reys Mary Sue moment was what defeated him - it is incomprehensively badly written and executed, it defines logic and common sense. It begins with o-so-hurt Kylo Force-speeding ahead of Rey/Finn, is resolved by a video game Girl power up, and ends with the bad guy being saved by an - physics defying- opening chasm ...people who defend such writing are too far gone I am afraid

🐾Dictated but not read 🐾

That's my major issue with the scene - How the hell did he get out to the woods so fast?
Also, how did Hux know where he was to pick him up?

That's my major issue with the scene - How the hell did he get out to the woods so fast?

Good point! It's a contrived mess. I've heard many "explanations". Rey and Finn had to descend down that slow ladder and this gave Kylo time to catch up. But Kylo is clearly limping right after being shot. And if he recovered that quickly, why not just head Rey and Finn off at the bottom of the ladder?... Maybe Kylo used a speeder to catch up and cut them off. But in the scene where Rey yanks a part to open the door for Han and Chewie, Rey and Finn have their own speeder in the background. So Kylo couldn't have possibly used that as an advantage. They just contrived the meeting in the forest and hoped nobody would notice.

Also, how did Hux know where he was to pick him up?

Another good point! Although I will say there are 2 slightly plausible explanations. 1) Kylo was wearing a tracking device. (I did say slightly plausible). 2) Snoke used the Force to "see" where Kylo was and told Hux offscreen.

Cant sense solo, can sense she was a jedi/his cousin

Can't sense Han Solo? He did sense Solo nearly as soon as he landed on the Starkiller base planet.

There has been no determination that Rey is related to Ben/Kylo in any way. In fact I would bet against it.

Why do people keep assuming Rey has never used a or trained with a lightsaber before? We know NOTHING about her past.

So her experience with a lightsabre at 5 years old went without reinforcement for 15 years and then suddenly she's able to out-duel someone who spent those same 15 years training?

Even when I indulge in this nonsense game of mystery box speculation, it still doesn't make consistent sense.

Force vision, hello!

"Oh I'm afraid the lazy Abrams cash-cow formula will be quite operational when your friends arrive!"

Because conclusive interpretation must be based on the facts given by the film, and not on vapid speculation.

The film showed girl a abandoned at the age of 5 and a woman who had no idea about the Force. Even if we speculate that she had some training before that and strangely forgot about that: do you seriously imply that that qualifies Rey to best a Master of the Ren and advanced Force user several times with Force skills and with a light saber. In logic this is called an ad absurdum interpretation.

de gustibus non est disputandum

To be fair, none of the Jedi we've met have seemed very bright.

“Seventy-seven courses and a regicide, never a wedding like it!

The lightsaber battle between Kylo and Rey is da worst lightsaber battle in SW. It's Saturday morning cartoon stuff! It's Power Rangers stuff! Kylo's injury had no effect on his performance until after Rey's super pixie-dust power up! It's poorly portrayed with elements that only children would interpret as well done.

Ask at what moment does Kylo show he is weakening during his entire duel with Rey before her power up? Rey apologists never have an answer.

If fighter #1 stops the fight momentarily complaining that hims arm is hurting. Then fight starts again and fighter #1 proceeds to dominate and beat up fighter #2. Fighter #2 basically runs away trying to avoid fighter #1 so as not to get knocked out. Bell rings, round ends. Fighter #2 gets some kinda booster shot in da corner from trainer. Now fight starts again. Fighter #2 proceeds to immediately dominate da fight and in short time delivers a knock down punch. Fighter #1 never gets back to his feet in time and fight is over.

Now, are yousa thinkin fighter #1 lost because he was injured? Or because of the booster shot that fighter #2 got?

"Ouch time!"

Having seen the prequels I came to the conclusion that all Jedi are retarded.

I guess the Force is like a heavy drug: it makes you feel like a superhero for a while but then eats up your brain cells and turns into a retard