Star Wars: The Force Awakens : The real problem of this movie was...

The real problem of this movie was...

Besides plot holes, an static Han Solo over the years even though he could be a general or a respected person because he was critial in destroying the death star and so many things, There was something else that i didnt know. Then I read a commentary that was spot on.

There was no hero´s journey. The girl single handledly beat the troopers without any help. She piloted the spaceship masterly without any help (or training whatsoever), and she defeated without ny kinf of jedi training the lord sith.

The point is that it is hard to be involved with her character. I don´t care about her, or the stormstrooper.

Re: The real problem of this movie was...

I'd pee in her butt.

Yes, they were greatly imbalanced. Polar opposites even. Finn was emasculated for the further empowerment of Rey.

Why Star Wars: The Force Awakens' a poorly-made film: https://youtu.be/8g9cJ5WKZeU

This ^

There was no hero´s journey.
I'm not so sure the term means what you think it means.

The point is that it is hard to be involved with her character. I don´t care about her, or the stormstrooper.
Well, that's a fair enough point.

Seriously mate are you nuts ? The original Star Wars is a brilliant movie totally. And all the sequels are made taking into account all the changes which occurred in cinema over the years, and all are equally as awesome in my opinion.

Sigh. Here's the Wikipedia definition of "The Hero's Journey":

In narratology and comparative mythology, the monomyth, or the hero's journey, is the common template of a broad category of tales that involve a hero who goes on an adventure, and in a decisive crisis wins a victory, and then comes home changed or transformed. The concept was introduced by Joseph Campbell in The Hero with a Thousand Faces (1949), who described the basic narrative pattern as follows: A hero ventures forth from the world of common day into a region of supernatural wonder: fabulous forces are there encountered and a decisive victory is won: the hero comes back from this mysterious adventure with the power to bestow boons on his fellow man.

Not liking a person or their journey or the amount of struggle they endured doesn't mean that they haven't gone on a Hero's Journey, it just means you didn't like the character or the film they were in.

“Seventy-seven courses and a regicide, never a wedding like it!

I felt The Force Awakens conformed to the format of the hero's journey more so than Rogue One, but yet the latter also had fewer glaring contrivances.

According to Glove and Boots (https://youtu.be/yZxs_jGN7Pg) (June 2013), the format of the story involves a hero encountering at least few of the following types of characters, or perhaps archetypes, particularly the ones toward the top of the list:
2. herald
3. mentor
4. threshold guardians
5. trickster
6. shape-shifter
7. shadow

I believe BB-8 to be Rey's herald. I believe Poe to be Finn's herald, but in this case, it's kind of mysterious in that perhaps the Force is Finn's herald. I believe Leia to be Poe's herald. So, any which way that we look at this, there is some kind of hero's journey, maybe not as strong as with A New Hope or The Wizard of Oz but there nonetheless. Anyway, as if to go off onto a tangent, here is my attempt to illustrate how Rogue One may have fallen flat with regards to the characters: /title/tt3748528/board/view/264992439?d=265012503#265012503. Not really a tangent as far as reviewing the various ways that the journey structure can be most effectively applied.

Since Rey's Hero's Journey is precisely 1/3 over, I'm not going to worry about that level of detail quite yet.

You have fun, though!

Since Rey's Hero's Journey is precisely 1/3 over, I'm not going to worry about that level of detail quite yet.

You have fun, though!
Well, that's why I didn't touch on anything beyond the herald, but obviously Han and Maz were mentors, and Maz may continue to be along with perhaps Luke. I'm not in agreement with how Glove and Boots insinuated that a hero's journey has to be spread across a multi-part saga. It's perfectly sound for a saga to cover different heroes' journeys in separate but consecutive segments.

Luke went on two HJ's, the complete journey of ANH,and the larger 3-film story of becoming a Jedi. (The first being complete because Lucas didn't expect a sequel to be funded.) This actually gave him two mentor characters.

And I'd call Han a "herald", as he was the one who said "It's all true", dunno about Maz. But Luke will IMHO be the true mentor, since Disney planned three films from the start they could save the hero/mentor relationship for the second film.

It’s a Sci-Fi soap opera which perpetuates the stain upon the medium of film, within the entire/wider world of art! What a waste!

Dont you care cause shes lukes daughter?

My pee tastes like toast

"There was no hero´s journey."

There kinda was one but they got most of the steps wrong, that's why its difficult for me to relate to Rey: she doesn't make sense.

But then again like most men I find it very difficult to understand women, they make no sense.