Star Wars: The Force Awakens : Worth seeing at the cinema?

Worth seeing at the cinema?

Am pondering on seeing this today and not sure if its worth it. Is it a cinema film, or OK for TV/bluray?

Re: Worth seeing at the cinema?

Even thought I'm rather critical of The Force Awakens, I would still recommend seeing it on the silver screen at least once, hopefully or especially if you're catching tickets at low-price like four dollars.

Thank you! Yeah, I'll go see it.

So I went to see it this afternoon. It did feel like a $4 afternoon kind of film. I liked it, and appreciated its tone and story, but it all felt a bit rushed and full-on. This happens, that happens, blast blast blast, end. It reminded me a bit of something like Tron: Legacy in terms of lots happening, looking nice, but not really having much "feeling". I miss those movies like Raiders or the original Star Wars trilogy where there are loads of little human moments, and the characters project a bit of depth rather than seeming like actors reading lines all the time.

Thanks though, am glad I saw it. '

PS balls I just realised I posted on the wrong board, I was talking about Rogue One.

Yes, it looks spectacular, with nice cinematography and visual effects, but the storylines and the returning characters are a mess, yet it's a neat "hero's journey".

I'd say hell yes but it looks like you already did! Glad you liked it.

It was worth seeing on the big screen with other fans.

Is Episode 7 still in theaters? OP must be confusing it with Rogue One.

Yup, mentioned that above I posted on board (sorry!)

Ok...well, other people were talking about it in here like it was still in theaters over a year later so I wasn't sure.