Star Wars: The Force Awakens : Her father must be...

Her father must be...

It has to be luke or she must be a member of the skywalker clan, at first I believed she was Obi-Wans daughter but she is far too powerful, in the original trilogy and the prequels the skywalkers are more powerful than your standard Jedi considering she has seemingly no training yet she has powerful Jedi tricks/moves like Luke in a new hope.

Re: Her father must be...

Obi-Wan did die several years before she was born.

Or rather, he became one with the force, and can still aparate when he wants to. You don't think he could still... ???

“Seventy-seven courses and a regicide, never a wedding like it!

It has to be luke or she must be a member of the skywalker clan,

O, lawd.

She is not Leia's daughter because there was no recognition between them, and not really any concern from Leia. Also you have to ask yourself, 'why would she or Han (assuming he is the father dump her on Jakku to fend for herself and forget all about her'?

Luke is not her father for the same reason, a Jedi master abandoning his child on a remote barren planet while he continues on trying to establish his Jedi academy.
The definition of a "deadbeat dad".

Given that Luke is a coward who ran away in this film, deadbeat dad doens't seem too far off.

Probably had a messy divorce... this was eaiser than bakck CHild support. That's why he looked so upset when she showed up.

I saw Leia go to hug Rey, a supposed stranger, before Chewbacca a life long friend. That to me is as good a clue as any that Leia knows exactly who Rey is. Just because neither Han or Leia explicitly noted that they knew who Rey was does not mean that they didn't know who she was. It is likely that Rey is a stranger to them by blood, but there is enough there to suggest otherwise. We shall see how it turns out.

Yeah, neither Han nor Leia treated her as a stranger, but I don't think either one definitely knew who she is or could be. Han seemed to have suspicions, and Leia didn't have any sort of aha moment, she just acted as though this girl were familiar or reminded her of someone.

And of course, being treated with irrational fondness by principal characters is a big Mary-Sue sign. Time and two more movies will tell whether all these strange reactions to Rey were clues about her background, or just bad writing.

“Seventy-seven courses and a regicide, never a wedding like it!

From Bloodlines we know that the First Order fully rose 5-6 years before TFA(I assume it rose at around the same time Ben turned to the Dark Side). In TFA Rey is 19 years old so she should have been around 13-14 years old in her vision if Luke was the one who abandoned her.

Also it wouldn't make sense that Luke would dump her in a ditch when he himself and Leia were in a similar situation and both of them were left with nice people in a good home. It would be straight out cruel of Luke to leave her with Unkar Plutt who treated her as slave.

Kylo Ren is the Skywalker, Rey I don't know.

I am interested to see where they go regarding Rey's backstory. Luke being her father seems to be the super-OBVIOUS choice. Maybe they will be more clever than that.

- - - - - - -
I am not a fan. I just happen to enjoy movies. Fans are embarrassing.