Star Wars: The Force Awakens : No rewatch value

No rewatch value

Even the prequels have rewatch value, I think it's their originality. This steaming pile of feces has absolutely no rewatch value at all. Storytelling at it's worst! Worst film in the whole saga - even the average Rogue One is slightly better.

Re: No rewatch value

The Anti-Cheese edits make the PT a bit easier to swallow too!

originality, world building, designs, music and sounds and, yeah, even the fatty cheese, not to forget one of the precious few series that does not end with generic happy endings, but in tragedy, death and destruction. Remarkable.

🐾Dictated but not read 🐾

I think that's one of the things that draws me personally to the prequels...it's a tragedy. The fall of the republic and the fall of anakin. At this point we all know the PT has many flaws along with some of the most cringeworthy scenes ever but there is a brilliant story being told there nonetheless. The prequels are bad movies on the surface but the harder you look the more enjoyment you can get from them. TFA is the opposite. It doesn't seem to have a good story to tell and all of the enjoyment is on the surface. There is no reward for watching it again except finding more flaws. Which would explain why the PT is more rewatchable than TFA.

Not one of the films of the saga are perfect. As a fan I can acknowledge that much. But in spite of any flaws all eight films have the same tangible magic and spirit, and are thus easily re-watchable for me. I just re-watched TFA a short a couple of hours ago and have to say I completely disagree with your sentiments pertaining to that film.

This steaming pile of feces has absolutely no rewatch value at all. Storytelling at it's worst!
Hm. I could agree with latter sentence at the same time as disagreeing with the former. I've seen it two and a half times total, and while there are severe contrivances, betrayals of the mythos, or elements of plot sloppiness, I still believe that it is re-watchable. It's a fun ride, as they say.

Second watch absolutely sucked for me, but the third was almost as good as the first.

I've only watched this twice so far... in the spread of many months. It could have been an awesome sequel to Return of the Jedi, instead it disappoints. Ugly Adam Driver looks like nothing what a son of Han & Leia would have looked like. Pitch black hair? Where did that come from? Neither Han or Leia had pitch black hair, nor ANYONE in the Solo or Skywalker line. Also that voice for 'Kylo Ren'... it sounds bad.

We wanted a sequel with Luke, Han, and Leia, and the two droids, that takes place after the events of Return of the Jedi, detailing the New Republic engaging a new threat. New characters would be simple support characters, with perhaps the exception of Rey. Instead Rey is the focus and we don't even know who she is. That's stupid.

Instead we got a sequel with a new band of characters, with no questions answered to their origins, R2-D2 is barely in the movie, C-3PO has a red arm for no questions answered, and we have a new Rebel Alliance that is combating the First Order when the New Republic is the governing body in the galaxy.. what?

It should be New Republic vs. Remnants of the Empire, NOT Resistance vs. First Order.

All of the sacrifice made in the Classic Trilogy to defeat the Empire resulted in 20,000,000,000 lives lost when Starkiller destroyed 5 New Republic worlds..... Absolutely stupid. They shoot their load on 5 planets we didn't even see for more than 2 seconds before being wiped out.

So what's going to happen in Episode 8 or 9? Another Starkiller being built? Maybe one that is TWO TIMES larger than Starkiller? Give me a break. JJ, you completely wasted a golden opportunity, and destroyed the essence of Star Wars by creating an unlikely Mary Sue heroine. "I'm good at everything I touch, because..." No questions answered JJ Abrams. Typical.

Then there's Poe Dameron who goes around one shotting TIE Fighters for long one camera shot scene and we get zero answers as to why or how he is such a good pilot. The Rebels at Yavin LOST 26 out of 30 fighters to TIE Fighters at Yavin, here, Poe Dameron wastes TIE Fighters as if they don't mean anything.

And with that mention, why is the oh-so-advanced First Order using antiquated TIE Fighters anyways? Where's the TIE Advanced? Where's the TIE Defender? Where's the TIE Interceptor" Where's the TIE Bomber? It's like all the continuity of the Classic Trilogy was forgotten about and scrapped.

Where's the Rebel A-Wings, B-Wings, E-Wings?

Don't you ever touch Star Wars again, JJ.

At this point it's already tarnished... I've got no interest in the direction it's taken, so I'm done with it, just like I was done with the JJ timeline in Star Trek after its 2009 debut.

you sound like a baby, they didnt do things exactly how you wanted so its wrong.

A lot of what you said here I agree with. I couldn't watch it the 2nd time, because a lot of it defied common sense. Why did Rey run off into the woods? Lame. Why did Finn run off? Lame. Earthquake to create gap between Kylo and Rey. Lame. Two people that were at the bar that radioed either side so we could have a battle scene. Lame. R2D2 waking up. Lame. Bigger Death Star. Very lame. Han Solo dieing. Very predictable & very lame. Cheesy marvel-like jokes that rob the film of any tension. Super lame. Rey having the ability in 5 mins to do what Luke could only do after 2 1/2 - 3 films. Extremely lame.

because a lot of it defied common sense.

I completely agree. Recently I was having a little bit of a heated discussion with a friend who loved TFA, but I loathe it, and he'd ask me what I dislike about it and I'd say something like "I hated the characters" or "it defied common sense" (it's funny those were my exact words).

Really? I rewatched it last night for like the tenth time, i love it. It falls apart a bit when they finally reach the Resistance base, but everything up to that point is pure gold.

TFA is going to be part of a trilogy. Its rewatch value should be evident in 2020.

All the Star Wars films have rewatch value for me.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

110% AGREED! No rewatch value at all.
Even episode 1 is better than this.

Agree, I saw it twice and have no intention of ever watching it again.

The prequels have re-watch value only for the perverted and pointless hope that one day they may seem good.

I know, I've been there: I watched them several times (it was mostly fan-edits though, who the hell would watch them again in their original form ?)

No rewatch value? Bahahahah!!!! Simpletons.

If we were simpletons we'd have enjoyed TFA.

I think it has rewatch value, in its entirety even. The only one that has no rewatch value to me, or feels like a chore to watch, is Attack of the Clones. The Phantom Menace is ok if I skip over the pod racing sequence.