Star Wars: The Force Awakens : If Episode 8 isn't better than 7, will you go see 9 at the theater?

If Episode 8 isn't better than 7, will you go see 9 at the theater?

For my part, the answer is no.

Re: If Episode 8 isn't better than 7, will you go see 9 at the theater?

Yes.

Yes. (i thought TFA was excelent BTW)

How will I know if 8 is good if I don't plan on watching it!? I'll steal it probably at some point after release.

Read my question again my friend, it makes perfect sense.

probably not, 8 will be a core episode. TFA was a horribly rushed rehash soiling the OT - it' not in my head canon. If 8 does not improve artistically and remedy at least some of the blunders commited by TFA (originality, creativity, characters etc), the ST will be pure fanfic for me.

🐾Dictated but not read 🐾

I doubt that I would.

Maybe. I really can't say unless I see episode 8. I thought The Force Awakens was bad.

Episode 2 was terrible enough for me to skip ep3 in the cinema so if ep8 is as awful as ep2 I will probably skip ep9

Probably yes, because...Star wars. Also i saw all of them at least 2 times in theater But i hated TFA tbh

even equiped with a shovel and you couldn't dig this

Probably, unless Episode 8 will be truly abysmal.

I never saw the OT in cinema, and was eager to get my first big screen Star Wars experience with Episode 1.
Well, that didnt work out so good, so i didnt go to Ep.2&3.
In the meantime i gained a stepdad who has liked Star Wars since the early days, and were looking forward to Episode 8.
We think alike, the prequels just didnt cut it, with the exception of Revenge of the Sith for its direct connection to the OT, but it wasnt as good either way.
TFA on the other hand was obviously not as good as the OT, but felt like a better start to a trilogy than Episode 1.
TFA excited us for its connection to the OT once again.

And at first we didnt want to go to Rogue One, but word of mouth persuaded us.
It was a nice movie, but it didnt feel very Star Wars-y, it feels a bit pointless because we know what happens in ANH, and the characters were nice but we didnt really connect with any, except for K-2.
But as a stand-alone movie its pretty good, and to newcomers.

Anyway, if Episode 8 will take us back to the Episode 1 experience, it might end there for us.

I skip reading the bottom line, because it is usually some lame signature.

No I wouldn't. Definitely, absolutely not.

"Silly TFA apologists!" = 🙉🙈🙊

No. But the chances of it being worse are almost zero. Rian Johnson is an actual filmmaker with an imagination.

Same here : I didn't see ROTS for that same reason so I don't see why it should be any different now.

7 ate 9. It ruined the direction future installments can take, unless they're far removed from that era (either long before, like Rogue One, or long after).

------------------------------
"Official canon" doesn't matter when it's all fiction anyway.

I will be surprised if Episode VIII is better than VII, since VII was great. It had a sense of energy and joy that had been missing since the originals. Rey caught on to the Force too quickly, but I'm not going to let that ruin the fun of the experience. It was not deep or thought provoking, but neither was the first Star Wars. It was fun and earnest.

Please don't call someone a _____tard.

Can I have some of what ever drugs you where on when you saw tfa as they must of been REALLY good. As tfa so bad it make TPM look good. I doubt i will be seeing 8 let alone 9 after the mess 7 was, at least I won't being paying to see them.

Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

I didn't like Episode VII so i have no desire to see Epidode VIII

Episode^

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I have every faith that it will be, but your question seems to indicate an opinion that believes Episode VII wasn't good to begin with. A ludicrous opinion if there every was one.

As Vader says at the end of RotS:-

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

I'm honestly not even sure if I'll watch 8, although I really doubt it'll be worse than TFA, I cannot imagine anything Star Wars related worse than TFA. I like Rian Johnson but I absolutely loathed TFA and thought Rogue One was extremely boring, unnecessary and completely forgettable. If I watch 8, I doubt I'll like it because it's still got some of the worst characters in cinema history, imo.
I'm done with modern Star Wars, I actually had no plans to watch Rogue One but I saw it with my brother for his birthday.

Anything is better than E7. If Han Solo wasn't killed, it's an entirely pointless movie. The starkiller base is by far the worst thing ever created in star wars history, worse than jar jar. I remember sitting in the theatre watching force awakens on opening weekend and for the first 40 minutes the crowd being dead silent. Rian Johnson know's what he is doing, or else they wouldn't have let him write and direct E8 single-handedly.