Star Wars: The Force Awakens : Poe's reappearance

Poe's reappearance

It was so illogical and unlikely it reminded me Bill in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure when he is in the castle and said he escaped death by falling out of his suit of armor.

Re: Poe's reappearance

I know. And this is one of those criticisms that aren't exclusively had by OT, PT, "Legends" or general SW fans. Any stranger to Star Wars may very likely be rubbed the wrong with with how Poe is made to look like he died and then just pops back into the script at a later time on a whole other mission. It's like he just completely neglected to go looking for BB-8 when he survived the TIE fighter crash.

Right? He convinces Finn that BB8 is so important that they have to risk death by the Star Destroyer to get back on Jakku. Having survived the crash you'd think he'd continue that mission he just risked his life for a second time.

Having survived the crash you'd think he'd continue that mission he just risked his life for a second time.
Apologists well tell us that all will be explained in ancillary works.

They shouldn't have shown Poe at all during that battle.. just show him when we get back to the base and let people put 2+2 together

I like that they didn't kill Poe off right away since we barely get to know him much besides being a great pilot and to get emotionally attached to him like returning characters from the OT. How Poe got off Jakku is in the novelization which kind of annoying since they could've gone into more detail about that.