Star Wars: The Force Awakens : Chewbacca Rips Off Unkar Plutt's Arm In Deleted Scene (video online)

Chewbacca Rips Off Unkar Plutt's Arm In Deleted Scene (video online)

Chewbacca Rips Off Unkar Plutt's Arm In Star Wars: The Force Awakens Full Deleted Scene http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/01/15/chewbacca-rips-off-unkar-plutts-arm-in-star-wars-the-force-awake/

Star Wars fans got their first look at this deleted scene from The Force Awakens, featuring Rey and Chewbacca in an encounter with Unkar Plutt, back in October. However, an extended and more violent version of the scene was included in the 3D Collector's Edition Blu-Ray that released the following month.

Re: Chewbacca Rips Off Unkar Plutt's Arm In Deleted Scene (video online)

Wow, this is a tough one. If they'd kept it we might be copping less 'Mary Sue' stuff (since Rey is easily disarmed by Plutt and saved by Chewbacca). On the other hand the 'severed arm in cantina' would be arming (snicker) the 'rehash' crowd. Also, the 'Mary Sue' thing might be quashed by the save but re-ignited by the fact that Chewie obviously likes Rey (everyone adores the Mary Sue right?).

There are no winners here. Sigh. I do like the scene though. Apologist? Probably...or not...

Also, the 'Mary Sue' thing might be quashed by the save but re-ignited by the fact that Chewie obviously likes Rey (everyone adores the Mary Sue right?).
No, it's very common but not per se necessary that the Sue is liked - eg "Jerk-Sue" or "Anti-Sue" or "Villain Sue" types - look it up. The Sue character must get unwarranted attention breaking logic and character backgrounds. They can be weak and fearful and in need of rescue too (Angsty Sue type).

Rey though is the classic Sue type that is immediately liked by everyone and fascinates even her enemies and droids to no end. Rey and Chewbaca are a textbook example of Sue writing - he serves as her cheerleader, sidekick and watchdog despite his background:

Chewie is usually distrustful (member ANH Luke?), but here we see that the MareySue magically understands his language, and after she saves him from being shot dead, and replaces him as co pilot next to Han, he immediately likes her (quote Han) without any distrust, jealousy or envy (while he still strangles Jar Jar Black). It goes go so far that he is ignored by his friend Leia after Han dies. And Chewie remains copilot on the Falcon under the 19 y old Sue as his captain when she mans Han's pilot seat (why did he not rip her arm of her socket at this point - would have made sense). He even stays back with the shop (with R2) when the Sue meets his good old friend Luke.

TFA seems to be written by a 12 year old for children.

The scene itself sucks: Ridley is again putting on her default expressions (wide eyes, open mouth, teeth fletching), and its silly and unnecessarily sadistic: Don't mess with the Sue! Horrible writing.
de gustibus non est disputandum

Why was the scene deleted? It's like the filmmakers wanted to deny us as much good stuff as they possibly could. You know what some people will say this is about, right? A conspiracy "theory" that Kennedy didn't want to show Rey needing to be rescued by a male companion. Anyway, I've observed some claim that this deleted scene is a bit campy.

Why was the scene deleted?
To avoid IMDB comments like "were did uncle plunk come from we didn't see him leave jaku omg plot holz!!!"

I'm glad this scene did not make it into the movie, because it is out of place, silly and sadistic.
It also messes up the pacing of the movie.

You know at first I thought this scene was pretty good, until Chewie threw his severed arm onto a table with Warwick Davis's character sitting there, and that's when it hit me, this deleted scene is just an unnecessary rip off of when Kenobi cut off that criminal's arm.

I wouldn't mind the plagiarism so much in Episode VII if it wasn't so bloody blatant and in your face about it. Look, the prequels had their homages to the original films but it wasn't ripping off the original trilogy it was just mirroring those little moments, but this film wasn't a homage or anything related to history repeating itself, it's just a blatant rip off. I'm convinced Jar Jar Abrams did not have a single original idea in his head.

I would've liked to see the scene in the movie because it would explain why Chewie was climbing out of the rubble with Han and Finn for no reason.

What? They were climbing out of the rubble because they were in the basement of the castle.

Here's the thing. Chewie wasn't with Rey, Finn, and Han when they went into Maz's castle. The next time we see Chewie he is at the castle with no explanation.

He walked.

Jesus, seriously? This is a problem? If the Plunkett arm ripping scene had been included, you'd be saying "Ok now here's the thing, the last time we saw Chewie he was about to do something after the arm ripping off scene, but we didn't see him take a leak first so OMG PLOT HOLEZ!

omg dudz right, o my, OMG iz yet another plot holz!!!

🐾Dictated but not read 🐾

I would have liked it to be in. It gives closure to Plutt after setting him up as someone who behaves antagonisticly towards her and who's been with her for most of her life. He's not very important going forward but he just disappears after sending a couple weak thugs after her. Also it would have been nice to have one of Rey's friends get a chance to help her out like that. Maybe she could have fought him off but she didn't have to rescue herself every time and it would have given another character a chance to shine for a moment and kinda rescue her.