Star Wars: The Force Awakens : If you've watched TFA more than twice, you can't call yourself a hater

If you've watched TFA more than twice, you can't call yourself a hater

You are a fan, and you're angry because you wanted it to be longer 😃

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: If you've watched TFA more than twice, you can't call yourself a hat

Why is it that people who dislike the movie come here to discuss the movie and its faults. Whereas those who liked it just choose to attack those people directly? (rather than defend the movie or attack the substance of their criticisms)

The general argument pattern here seems to be -

FORCE AWAKENS HATER: This movie sucked!
FORCE AWAKENS LOVER: You suck!

Even worse is -

FORCE AWAKENS HATER: The Force Awakens sucked!
FORCE AWAKENS LOVER: The prequels suck!

Re: If you've watched TFA more than twice, you can't call yourself a hater

Or maybe I loved it after my first two viewings in theater but once I saw it on blu ray at home I saw everything wrong with it and realized how uncreative and flawed the plot was. My opinion has never changed on anything as much as it did for TFA. I was so blinded by the hype

I was so blinded by the hype

I'm the opposite. After the PT, I realized while I still love Star Wars, it just isn't the same experience as when I was a kid. Even how I view the OT is different as an adult.

It couldn't realistically be any other way. I'm not a kid. I can't view it that way anymore. I still see magic but I also see the errors throughout the franchise. I had to learn to curb my expectations for future Star Wars movies (or "unlearn what I had learned").

So when Episode 7 released, I went in with what the PT taught me - no expectation and I can't be disappointed.

I avoided talk of the film, my expectations were quite high after the trailer...and I was disappointed. :( NOTHING MAKES ME HAPPY.

Console yourself, I went in without any expectation but a lot of cautious hope: well, my expectation was crushed, my hope was lost.

What sensible being with some standards wouldn't be was shocked at that unimaginative rehash? It's only human..
de gustibus non est disputandum

This

even equiped with a shovel and you couldn't dig this

Nah. Everytime I watched it I noticed the glaring flaws even more.

"Not all change is progress, as not all movement is forward."

This

YESSSSSS!!! I only watched it once!!!!!!!!! HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE

It's a false cause fallacy: people who hated TFA watched it again because they are fans of the SW franchise, not because of the film. I tried too, and each time the abomination became even more evident until I could not bear it anymore.

Also, people who are here still talking about the abomination do so because of the traumatic shock and because their loyalty to the franchise. 😔

de gustibus non est disputandum

i've probably seen it twenty times now.

i hug it.

imo

You go right ahead and cling to that fantasy...

"Silly TFA apologists!" = 🙉🙈🙊

Didn't watch TFA in theatres but i did watch it when the blu-ray got released by the time i got to the 15 minute mark of the movie i already felt like i was watching A New Hope remake and by the time i finished the movie i was i watched a remake of ANH

Exactly the same experience most people had who weren't nostalgia addicts in denial (or lying to themselves).

bump

Bump

Right^

You are a fan,
Just because somebody isn't hater doesn't mean he/she is a fan.

and you're angry because you wanted it to be longer
What does length have to do with anything? Often increased length can make a film worse.

Oh bosh, some Haters watch things they hate over and over, just so they can add force and detail to their online hating. They're like the kind of atjiests who know the Bible backwards and forwards, just so they can argue down anyone who tries to support it.

Seems like a miserable way to live, but some people are so obsessive that's how they spend their free time.

“Seventy-seven courses and a regicide, never a wedding like it!

So people should be ignorant of the thing they hate? If you don't know the subject you are talking about then you can't properly form an opinion about it.

Also, some Atheists are former Christians. Just like some people could have initially enjoyed TFA but began to recognize its flaws later on.

I've only seen it once and it was enough for me. I didn't like the film too much.

In the last week i've seen it twice. I bought the collectors edition in 3d with new commentary by jj abrams on the 2d disc.

So i saw the 3d version and the 2d with commentary i don't know if this counts as i was not paying much atention to the movie itself.

Prior to that i saw it 3 times at the theatre and a few in the original blu-ray release that i now sold (the new one is the same with more discs and new features)

Sooo maybe 7 or 8 times thus far. Yes it should be longer :)

I don't hate the prequels either. How can I? I've watched each one more than twice.

Not great logic there!

I don't hate The Farts Awakens it has some beautiful imagery in it that I can use as a desktop background but that's about it. The excellence that is Rogue One has definitely diminished my enjoyment of this rehash.